The Joys of Eating Once A Day

Options
13»

Replies

• ninerbuff
    ninerbuff Posts: 48,709 Member
    Options
    IF works. The best advice I would give is to make sure that correct macro/micro nutrients are met during feeding time(s). For those who think it's "unhealthy", you have to know that human physiology hasn't really changed in thousands of years. Our ancestors bodies didn't know when the next meal was, so there was "fasting" involved till food was caught or gathered.
    I personally do a "mini" fast each day (no breakfast, about 13 hours of no eating) and have no issues with health.

A.C.E. Certified Personal and Group Fitness Trainer
    IDEA Fitness member
    Kickboxing Certified Instructor
    Been in fitness for 28+ years and have studied kinesiology and nutrition
  • AbsoluteNG
    AbsoluteNG Posts: 1,079 Member
    Options
    There seems to be a lot more positive scientific studies on intermittent fasting than there is eating 5 times a day or maybe I just can't find them? Anyone have a list of scientific journals that details the benefits of eating lots of small meals in a day?
  • Wonderob
    Wonderob Posts: 1,372 Member
    Options
    There seems to be a lot more positive scientific studies on intermittent fasting than there is eating 5 times a day or maybe I just can't find them? Anyone have a list of scientific journals that details the benefits of eating lots of small meals in a day?

I'm sure there are some but that's not the main point.

Intermittent fasting may well be the most beneficial way of eating there is - I know that it would make my life much much less enjoyable though

I've found a balance between eating healthily and enjoying eating - for me that's lots of small meals
  • AbsoluteNG
    AbsoluteNG Posts: 1,079 Member
    Options

I'm sure there are some but that's not the main point.

Intermittent fasting may well be the most beneficial way of eating there is - I know that it would make my life much much less enjoyable though

I've found a balance between eating healthily and enjoying eating - for me that's lots of small meals

Yes, do whatever works for you. I just want to weight the pros and cons to make my own informative decision. I read a number of papers on IF in the past few weeks and would now like to do the same for increased meal frequency.
  • madlibscholar
    madlibscholar Posts: 30 Member
    Options
    It's weird...I was doing IF before I knew it had a name, and thought it was really 'bad', until I read a little bit about it. I don't do it daily, but I will not eat if I'm not hungry...it's a 'rule' that has helped me tremendously in both weight loss and healing my compulsive eating. I generally don't decide to skip a meal, it just happens fairly naturally. When I'm hungry, I eat. When I'm not hungry, I don't. Simples! :)
  • kingofcrunk
    kingofcrunk Posts: 372 Member
    Options
    Also, I'm not completely sure how tall I am,

You don't know how tall you are?

Yeah, really. WTF? Have you never been to a doctor? Or been curious for that matter? Who doesn't know how tall they are?

Edit: You replied while I was posting.

Your doctor would be the accurate one. Who ever applied for your driver's license would have written whatever number is on that. Your family may not have the means to measure accurately. But I seriously cannot believe someone who says they don't know how tall they are. That's crazy. LOL.

Well I DID give an estimate! I said 5'5 or 5'6. (Doesn't height change during the day anyway?) That is to say that I'm not totally clueless. I'm not bouncing through feet here...

You seriously think height changes during the day??? Wow, how old are you?

The above person obviously never learnt how to talk to other human beings in a nice, polite way.
  • heroyalslimness
    heroyalslimness Posts: 591 Member
    Options
    wow there are some major ****en *****es in here...

You probably have a right to be angry--obviously someone ticked you off or hurt your feelings---
    but it was NOT the OP or the cool people that spoke up in her defense.

:flowerforyou: feel better, friend.
  • webdaughter
    webdaughter Posts: 162 Member
    Options
    I do IF and I really like it a lot. I have a 5 hour eating window daily and this has really worked for my lifestyle. There are so many different things out there and one may not be better than the other but one may work for someone over another. That is the main point here. We need to all find out what works for us to be able to loose weight in a healthy way. What works for one person may not work for you however we should not be rude or cruel or ever put someone down for sharing their journey.

Great work!!