Question

Options
Please help me to understand.
I've been trying to eat 1,200 calories. However, if I go over the allowence per day like I went over the allowence for carbs yesterday so it was -25, will that be over eating?

Replies

• SHBoss1673
    SHBoss1673 Posts: 7,161 Member
    Options
    are you saying you went over on calories, but were under on carbs? That's still going over, part of the process on here is learning how to eat in such a way that we are eating the correct foods in the correct portions. You'll get it, it's a little tricky at first, but you get used to what foods you should eat, and what will cause problems.
  • ali258
    ali258 Posts: 403
    Options
    It's not overeating on calories, but your balance of nutrition won't be right. (Think about if you ate 1200 calories of crisco every day -- you'd have way too much fat and not nearly enough carbs or vitamins, even though your calories would be the right amount.) I found that I have a much easier time getting all of the nutrition in balance if I plan each day the night before. That way you can make small changes to make sure everything is more or less the right amounts.
  • MercuryBlue
    MercuryBlue Posts: 886 Member
    Options
    It's not overeating on calories, but your balance of nutrition won't be right. (Think about if you ate 1200 calories of crisco every day -- you'd have way too much fat and not nearly enough carbs or vitamins, even though your calories would be the right amount.) I found that I have a much easier time getting all of the nutrition in balance if I plan each day the night before. That way you can make small changes to make sure everything is more or less the right amounts.

Exactly!

This is what I'm having the biggest trouble with. I'm eating well within my caloric range, and I'm eating healthy foods, too. But I can never seem to get the balance right. I'm always low on carbs and fats, and high in protein and sugar. I think in the beginning I was eating too many fruits and not enough veggies (because, come on! Fruits taste better!). But I'm shocked to learn how much sugar is even in some VEGETABLES!

It's an ongoing issue with me. I know that I'll figure out how to get the balance right eventually.... I also have a problem getting the sodium count down, though I've done better these past few days. It's amazing the how much salt people manage to slip into foods we eat on a daily basis!
  • JOY621
    JOY621 Posts: 71 Member
    Options
    Ok, thank you everyone. I will try to eat right portion and balanced meal.