My first exercise NSV

Options
So I haven't seen the scale move much. I have lost 4 lbs in the last month but still weigh more than I started!

However, I don't have much to lose, 10-15 lbs. What I have to worry about are my health issues. Bad back, bad hip, loss of strength and flexibility.

Last Wednesday I did my 2nd practice test (I'm in the military.) Pushups, situps, and a 1.5 mile run. I PASSED THE RUN BY 4 SECONDS! My test the last 2 years has been a waist measurement only because I wasn't able to do any of these!

I haven't been able to run without back or hip pain for almost 3 years. That was also the first time I have had NO PAIN. Two NSV from the same day. I am so happy, and I'm back to believing I can do it! The real test is 4 weeks away and I'm pumped to be able to do everything again.

Replies

• Geniac42
    Options
    That's cool when you realise you can suddenly do something that you that you couldn't before!

I have similar goals in mind. I don't have much to lose. My main idea is to be generally healthier and fitter. I'm a right-leg amputee, so I've always scoffed at the idea of being able to exercise much. Now, I do whatever I'm physically able to.

My NSV of today was that I cycled the furthest distance I had before. My wife and I went 14 miles on the trail in about 2 hours. We take lots of water and some Fiber One snacks and rest briefly every few miles, but we go a little farther each time.
  • scarlettesong
    scarlettesong Posts: 108 Member
    Options
    That's an awesome NSV too! My husband and I have bikes but we don't go together as much anymore. I certainly have NEVER biked 14 miles in one day! Like you said, you have to realize you can and just do what you are physically able to. Resting is not giving up either! You've given me another goal, thanks!
  • Dwamma
    Dwamma Posts: 289 Member
    Options
    Totally awesome NSV!! Rock on my friend!! You are doing awesome! Blessings!! <><
  • skinnyskittles
    Options
    you must be feeling on top of the world =]
    well done you
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!