whats your secret? sweet tooth deiters

Options
There are a lot of us out there with a large sweet tooth. Very difficult to have when you are trying to eat healthy. So I ask you all to contribute to this post with your secret to keeping your sweet tooth under control.

I personally, a chocoholic, buy a few bars of basic chocolate bars. Keep them in the fridge somewhere I can't see every time I open the fridge. Whenever I get a craving I break off a small peice. Once, maybe twice a day. Takes some willpower but elimates rebound eating.

Replies

• pinkyleigh83
    pinkyleigh83 Posts: 148 Member
    Options
    I bake a lot less now but when I do I give most of it away. I try not to keep it in the house. For chocolate cravings those 100 calorie dark chocolate bars at Trader Joe's are nice! I savor it a lot more now.
    Sucking on a candy & that mint chocolate chip desserts gum help too!
  • supersport18
    Options
    Check out the Chocolate Cover Katie blog, she is a lifesaver for delicious yet very low calorie desserts!
  • busymomma97
    busymomma97 Posts: 75 Member
    Options
    Coffee helps cure my sweet tooth. Also grapes and pretzels together is an awesome combo that cures my salty/sweet craving. Another trick is do some exercise and then if you still want it after that, then have it in moderation.
  • flslp87
    flslp87 Posts: 175 Member
    Options
    I take my lunch every day and always pack one of the fiber one brownies or another 100 cal treat.

I also like the 100 cal fudge bars or no sugar added jello puddings...

I also buy no sugar added ice cream, vanilla, and if I'm really needing a sweet I'll have 1/2 cup of that.....basically I don't want to give up anything I just want to learn to eat a portion....
  • Sublog
    Sublog Posts: 1,296 Member
    Options
    There are a lot of us out there with a large sweet tooth. Very difficult to have when you are trying to eat healthy. So I ask you all to contribute to this post with your secret to keeping your sweet tooth under control.

I personally, a chocoholic, buy a few bars of basic chocolate bars. Keep them in the fridge somewhere I can't see every time I open the fridge. Whenever I get a craving I break off a small peice. Once, maybe twice a day. Takes some willpower but elimates rebound eating.

Eat sweets in moderation and fit them into your diet! I eat ice cream every day and it doesn't affect anything.
  • AlabasterVerve
    AlabasterVerve Posts: 3,171 Member
    Options
    I completely cut them out when I started and ate an absolute ton of fruit instead. Now I follow a LCHF diet and the cravings are gone. Moderation just does not work for me, it just sets me up for failure by maintaining the cravings.
  • zephylis
    Options
    I like the Fiber One brownies. 90 cal each, very sweet and chocolaty and stands in for a meal.
    Berkley and Jensen's chocolate covered raisins, 5 for 30 cal.
    Trader Joe's lemon squares, ice cream bars, 60 cal each...

I can list a lot of low cal desserts, the problem is to eat reasonable quantities and not over do it just because they are low cal, otherwise the numbers will just add up. Sometimes I find that it's better to just not start at all. It's really hard to convince myself to only eat 5 of those chocolate covered raisins once the can is open.
  • maremare312
    maremare312 Posts: 1,143 Member
    Options
    I cut out sugar and the cravings are gone. Love it! I'll have a sugar free something and it tastes soooo sweet.