Hello. New To Site

Options
How is everyone doing? I am an ex-college athlete who is finally serious about losing weight. After I finished playing college sports, my friends and I went on a crazy crash diet to lose weight. I lost about 35 pounds but ended up gaining it back. I was doing well on my fitnesspal for a few weeks and losing weight and then this past week I just said the heck with it and stopped logging things. Now I am back on it again and again I think I am serious about trying to get some of this weight off.

I love working out and am pretty good workout habits that I have gained from sports. I enjoy working out, lifting, and running. My diet is the problem. For 5 years of college and throughout my childhood, I ate very badly and I have a difficult time sticking to a good diet. I will do well for about a month and then just totally blow up for about a week and gain a lot of weight back. I have a very slow metabolism and will gain a pound if I eat an extra M + M. Once I fall into the deep end of eating badly for a day, I am eating badly for at least a week.

I think part of my problem is that I have a very high stress job and work 60+ hours a week. I am single and it is difficult to work long hours, and try to bring good food to work and constantly be cooking at home when I get home late at night. With the stress of my job, I crave comfort foods and lots of it. I just know that it is not healthy for me to be this big for the rest of my life. I have seen ex-athletes and the bad shape of their knees, shoulders, backs, and hearts. I can already feel that my knees and shoulders are bad and I know my body would love it if I took some weight off. I have also been registered to have high blood pressure, although I was always able to convince the doctors it was from stress.

I need to get this weight off. I know it is the best thing for me. Hopefully this site keeps me motivated. Best of luck to everyone else who is starting out.

Replies

• ittybittybadonkadonk
    ittybittybadonkadonk Posts: 11,634 Member
    Options
    welcome aboard ..... know that YOU CAN DO THIS .... i fell off the band wagon before Thanksgiving and now just getting back on ..... GOOD LUCK :wink:
  • savvystephy
    savvystephy Posts: 4,151 Member
    Options
    Welcome to MFP! Just log your calories religiously and it will work. You can do it!
  • gr8dad1975
    gr8dad1975 Posts: 338 Member
    Options
    Hey,

I really appreciate the honesty that you put into your post (BIG THUMBS UP!). It is not always easy being honest with ourselves and then confessing openly and honestly with others. So give yourself some credit for doing just that. As far as the diet part, you have a huge support system here at MFP. I just joined last week and the comments and uplifting feedback have been awesome. I try to spread some of that inspiration to others. Although you are not actively participating in athletics, you still have the spirit of a champion. Keep up the great work. Good luck on your new journey!