new =)

Options
hey everyone! i'm new, i heard about this site from a friend of a friend, and after taking a look at it, it seems like a really great place for support.

a little bit of backstory: i've been trying to lose weight for a few months now...i want to lose about 20 pounds (maybe more, we'll have to see). i had gotten down to about 122 recently (i'm 5'0"), but a good friend of mine passed away and i gave up on working out and dieting for a few weeks...i pretty much ate my feelings and gained about 10 lbs. my original starting weight was 140.

anyways, i'm starting my diet and exercise regime again tomorrow and wanted to find a place where i can find support and accountability (LOL), and i hope that this site fits the bill. does anybody else have trouble staying motivated like i do? it seems like i'll stick to a routine for a few weeks and then either lose interest or just fall back in to old habits. i really want to be "in shape" by new years, since i'll be in miami on holiday and i want to look good. i'm not sure that it's feasible, but i am definitely willing to try! okay, sorry for the rambling and somewhat long post!!

i hope to find inspiration and motivation through this site, so any and all advice will be helpful. thanks so much and happy labor day!

-- jen

Replies

• wrobes
    wrobes Posts: 43 Member
    Options
    Best of luck Jen, I hope this works for you. If you are looking for friends for support, feel free to add me
  • zechks
    zechks Posts: 224
    Options
    Support? That's my last name. Feel free to add me. :)
  • Gloworm46
    Gloworm46 Posts: 96 Member
    Options
    Hi Jen - it does help with motivation when you post. Sometimes you'll pick up a tip from someone that will be just the spark you need. You can do it!

You can add me as a friend also - can never have too many:)
  • AbiCusPeck
    AbiCusPeck Posts: 96 Member
    Options
    Hey you, good luck! Change your routine, don't do the same thing day in day out, exercise with your mates and make it fun - laughter is the best medicine!!
    add me if you like, MFP is great and I love commenting and giving support!!
    :flowerforyou:
  • talamer
    talamer Posts: 516 Member
    Options
    Welcome Jen and good luck :)

we all here for the same aim! we want to stay healthy all the way and loose weight until we acheive the best results we are dreaming off :) ofcourse healthy life style should not stop..

feel free to add me for support and motivation :)

Talal