Wy do I get hungry after ratting breakfast?

Options
2»

Replies

• GaidenJade
    Options
    Lots of long pieces of advice when it's simple. Have a snack. Take on with you, eat it on your way to work or whatever works for you. An apple works great, a banana, even healthy protein shake if you like. If you are hungry... Eat. Simple, easy.
  • NeeNeeD2
    Options
    I was always the same way. I started eating high fiber and protein cereals like Kashi Go Lean or Special K with a banana and it keeps me full for 4 hours! Prior to that I was hungry 2 hours after eating in the morning.
  • biddysaurus
    biddysaurus Posts: 160 Member
    Options
    Try having a low GI breakfast, less carbohydrate, sugar, this will not give you an insulin spike and so make you feel hungry. No expert but it works for me.

Agreed! :)
  • suzieqcookie
    suzieqcookie Posts: 314 Member
    Options
    I have the same problem too, so that's why I don't bother anymore.

I find it easier to control my eating thought the rest of the day if I don't start early. Contrary to popular belief, the world won't stop turning if you don't eat breakfast, and it certainly hasn't stopped me from losing weight!

exactly!! i have lost just fine without breakfast! I simply don't see the point in making myself miserable and hungry for food that i myself don't even want!!
  • Sublog
    Sublog Posts: 1,296 Member
    Options
    Just realized a typo in title, i meant "eatting breakfast," not "ratting." ipad keyboard is not my favourite.

So I have breakfast around 7:30 am, then I hit traffic and start working at 9:00 am, yet by 9:30 I will feel hungry.

I just ignore it and think that eating anything will gain me extra weight and I don't have the time to eat any way. I will usually wait until 1:00 pm to get lunch. They say breakfast is the most important and can help you lose weight, but why do I still get hungry and wanting to consume more food?

Check this out:

http://www.leangains.com/2012/06/why-does-breakfast-make-me-hungry.html
  • wild_wild_life
    wild_wild_life Posts: 1,334 Member
    Options
    http://www.leangains.com/2012/06/why-does-breakfast-make-me-hungry.html

great article

you may want to start skipping your breakfast or have your breakfast a bit later, having it first thing in the morning does not work for many people

and forget starvation and slowing down methabolism crap, those are myths that has been debunked long time ago. as long as you eat adequate amount of food, even if it's once per day, your metabolism is not affected

Bumping this response. This is definitely worth a read. I have recently started eating breakfast later in the morning and it makes a huge difference for the rest of the day.
  • annadolezalova
    annadolezalova Posts: 51 Member
    Options
    I try to eat 500 calories breakfast at 7 o'clock and then I have the first snack at 9 o'clock. I also drink a lot of water, because every time I drink water I feel really full.
  • Lauran845
    Lauran845 Posts: 71 Member
    Options
    I was having the same problem, I would eat a decent breakfast at home (645am) and by the time I got to work 45 mins later I was starving around 9 or 10 am, with lunch not until 12. Or I would eat something at home and pass a couple fast food places and justify my need for a giant frozen chocolate coffe with a small breakfast burrito (easily 1200 calories altogether). I determined that if I just get to work 15 mins early and make breakfast there, instead of at home, I could hold off on my way there and I wasn't starving by lunch time, just hungry. I am fortunate enough to have a toaster and fridge at work, so I keep suppiles for a ham and egg bagel thin sandwich (about 200 calories) and it is really tasty too. Plus by having the package of bagel thins at work I don't feel the need to order out if my lunch was not completely satisfyin, I can just toast one up and dip it in my soup or snack on it in the afternoon. Granted the sodium of prepackged ham is pretty high, it is worth it to NOT be tempted to stop on the way to work for "2nd breakfast" or be starving like Marving a few hours after I get there. If I am truly in a rush, I will store a couple frozen breakfast meals in the freezer at work, though I prefer to eat the ham and egg bagel thin. :o))
  • 3foldchord
    3foldchord Posts: 2,918 Member
    Options
    The "no breads" things works for me.. No toast, no waffles, no pancakes or scones... When I have 'breads' at breakfast I am famished all day long (and prone to headaches)

I do best with protein and fruits. And with drinking my breakfast one sip at a time, while moving arund getting ready in the morning, instead of sitting and eating all at once.

It's Trial and Error sometimes, try a few differnt types of breakfats for a couple weeks each, find what works.
  • Chrisswa
    Options
    Im the same .... if i am hungry first thing in the morning i will have 4 or 5 almonds and that seems to do the trick.
  • Marmitegeoff
    Marmitegeoff Posts: 373 Member
    Options
    [quot
    i will have 4 or 5 almonds and that seems to do the trick.
    [/quote]

4 or 5 almonds would not work for me it would have to be the whole pack or even 2 packs.I just love them, if they are in the house it is not for long. ;>)
  • DaivaSimone
    DaivaSimone Posts: 657 Member
    Options
    As you can see in my diary, in eat my first snack around 9:30 in the morning, after eating my breakfast at 6:45. I usually eat protein and complexe carb (scrambled egg whites + sprouted grain bread) for breakfast, then another round of protein and complex carbs for the mid-morning snack (cottage cheese and celery, string cheese and crackers, greek yogurt and fruit, etc.). Then, I feel full until it's time to eat lunch.
  • Elen_Sia
    Elen_Sia Posts: 638 Member
    Options
    Try having a low GI breakfast, less carbohydrate, sugar, this will not give you an insulin spike and so make you feel hungry. No expert but it works for me.

This works for me, too.
  • Koldnomore
    Koldnomore Posts: 1,613 Member
    Options

This works for me, too.

Not me.. For breakfast I eat 2 portions of oatmeal with strawberries. According to the GI charts both of these are low. I have this somewhere around 8am and by 10 I am hungry again. MFP was starving me when I first started and since then I have done my own research and have been slowly increasing my allotted calories as well but that also isn't seeming to be having any effect on my hungriness in the morning. I'm currently trying to add a little more fats to my eating as I have been under my 20% macro for some time (and 20% is quite low) so we shall see if this helps - it seems to have been over the past few days but then again my 'weekend' eating is not typical of the rest of the week.