Flatout Bread Peach French Toast - Huge Portion, Low Cals!

Options
DesertRains
DesertRains Posts: 98 Member
Flatout Bread Peach French Toast Bake

Bread - Flatout Flatbread Light Original, 1 flatbread
Vanilla extract - Imitation, no alcohol, 1 tbsp
Silk - Unsweetened Almond Milk, 0.25 cup
Splenda - No Calorie Sweetner, 2 packet
Spices - Cinnamon, ground, 1 tsp
Peach - Fresh, 1 cup sliced
Egg - Egg Whites, 2 large egg whites

Cut the flatout bread into pieces - I usually try for about ten pieces out of one bread. Spray a small single-serving baking dish with a nonstick spray ( I use a really cute single-serve Corningware casserole dish - about 1 3/4 cup capacity), then put in the flatbread - a little overlap is okay.

Mix all the liquid ingredients and the vanilla, cinnamon and splenda. Whip it (whip it real good) for a minute or two. I usually use a fork. Pour the mixture over the flatbread. Dice 1 cup of peaches and gently incorporate into the bread/egg.

Stick it in the fridge to get acquainted for about 10-15 minutes. Meanwhile (back at the ranch...) preheat your oven to 350.
Once your 10-15 mins is up, pop that bad boy in the oven and bake until the center is set (eyeball it - every oven is different!)

Let it cool slightly, flip it out into a plate, add your choice of toppings!

Super filling and tasty, low calorie enough that you can add some turkey bacon, etc. on the side if you want!

Entire recipe stats (serves 1):

Calories: 202
Carbs: 37g
Fat: 4g
Protein: 19g

Replies

• jennyrae719
    Options
    bump
  • Rachelito
    Rachelito Posts: 119 Member
    Options
    Sounds good. I never would have thought of something like this!
  • DesertRains
    Options
    It is really filling. For a few more calories, you can use the other flatout bread flavors instead - there is one with flax, which would be good as well!
  • pcnkb
    pcnkb Posts: 62 Member
    Options
    B
  • sugarbomb83
    sugarbomb83 Posts: 67 Member
    Options
    I love flat out breads! I am going to experiment with this next weekend...thanks!
    This week's experiment was banana pancakes made with 2 eggs, 1 banana, and 1 scoop of vanilla protein powder :flowerforyou:
  • Wendysworld13
    Wendysworld13 Posts: 225 Member
    Options
    nice! Will def try!
  • betsz1
    betsz1 Posts: 81 Member
    Options
    Sounds awesome! You had me at meanwhile...back at the ranch! That's one of my favorite sayings! Feel free to add me if you want...I eat what I want...just different than I used to. Anything can be adapted if you want it to be!
  • DesertRains
    Options
    Thanks, all! Hope you like it, it's one of my go-to's when I want to feel like I'm cheating - but it's healthy!
    You can sub any fruit for the peach, too, I tend to use whatever is seasonal.
  • huckleberry0070
    huckleberry0070 Posts: 64 Member
    Options
    I've got a batch of this chilling in the fridge right now... I'll let you know how it is! I'd like to try it with apples, maybe. I loooove apples!
  • faithchange
    faithchange Posts: 311 Member
    Options
    bump
  • krissagray
    krissagray Posts: 105 Member
    Options
    I am such a picture person, I would love to see a pic of this. The recipe sounds GREAT!
  • AlizaBrandon
    AlizaBrandon Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    Sounds wonderful! Thanks
  • DesertRains
    Options
    I am terrible at taking pics of my food - I usually eat it before I think of it. I will try and snap a pic next time!
  • awwwshux25
    awwwshux25 Posts: 96 Member
    Options
    bump