Still sooo hungry

Options
I know that I shouldn't let myself starve, but I feel like I've eaten a lot today and I'm still hungry. I realize this has to do with the increase in my exercise. I feel like I shouldn't go over my goal though. :indifferent: Does anyone have any suggestions?

Replies

• naomi8888
    naomi8888 Posts: 519 Member
    Options
    Looking at your diary it seems like you have done heaps of exercise today. You are allowed to eat your exercise calories so I say if you are genuinely hungry (as opposed to bored) then EAT! :smile:
  • PrincessGlitterTush
    Options
    You have over 1000 cals remaining for the day.. If you're hungry - you should eat them.
  • SheikFanel
    Options
    Well if you exercised a lot you burned a lot of calories right? A small, filling snack should be good. Or you can drink water, that fills you up and its zero calories. The best thing to do is to get your mind off of your hunger too by reading a book for instance.
  • jacqui1612
    jacqui1612 Posts: 128 Member
    Options
    Do you eat your exercise calories? You don't have to eat all of them, just some. Or eat something low in calories, like some raw carrot or some fruit. It's ok to go over your goal calories a bit :)
  • CaseRat
    CaseRat Posts: 377 Member
    Options
    Girlllll! Your goal calorie intake of 1,200 doesn't include any exercise. That's why you get extra calories whenever you exercise!
    Of course you're hungry, you've burnt more than you've bloody eaten today.

YES, EAT MORE. Your body needs the food.

If your calories are set to 1,200 and you subsequently burn 700 calories doing exerrcise, you need to eat 1,200 plus at least some of those 700 back.
  • Pebble321
    Pebble321 Posts: 6,554 Member
    Options
    I'm really not surprised that you are hungry.... you have eaten very little and exercised a lot and have 1300 calories remaining that you can eat. Even if you have overestimated your calorie burn, you should be eating at least some of that. The fact that you are hungry is your body telling you: " eat more!"
  • davidep21
    davidep21 Posts: 52 Member
    Options
    Sometimes when I feel really hungry I will down a large glass of water and snack on a few celery sticks or sliced cucumbers...they are are low calorie...but if you are truely hungry you should probabaly eat something...Hope you find something that works for you
  • VelociMama
    VelociMama Posts: 3,119 Member
    Options
    Hungry? Eat. Just make good choices that fit your calories for the day. You should be eating at least some of your exercise calories back just to keep yourself fueled properly.
  • RebmaGe1sha
    RebmaGe1sha Posts: 61 Member
    Options
    Thanks everyone! I really appreciate all the great responses. I guess I need to just not be so hard on myself. It's hard to not think that eating the calories I've burned is counter-productive. I'm also just so new to this calorie counting thing.

Again, thank you so much!
  • dvisser1
    dvisser1 Posts: 788 Member
    Options
    Yes, eat your exercise calories! You don't need to eat them all if you're not hungry, but you need to refuel your body! The deficit to lose weight is built into your net goal and is still there if you eat all of your exercise calories back. Going hungry is not a sustainable approach to a healthy lifestyle.
  • VelociMama
    VelociMama Posts: 3,119 Member
    Options
    Thanks everyone! I really appreciate all the great responses. I guess I need to just not be so hard on myself. It's hard to not think that eating the calories I've burned is counter-productive. I'm also just so new to this calorie counting thing.

Again, thank you so much!

If you burn a lot of calories every day and don't eat enough, in a few weeks, you'll start feeling really bad (lethargic, sickly, irritable, etc.). Same thing happened to me initially, so I started eating 80% of my exercise calories back, and had tons more energy, still lost weight, and made a lot of progress.

I lost 42 lbs before I got pregnant and have managed to keep my pregnancy gain under control as well.

All those pounds lost, and I rarely got hungry. I had a great time with it. Weight loss doesn't have to be miserable, and it shouldn't be if you do it thoughtfully and with care for your health and well-being.

You'll still lose weight if you eat more. It may seem counter-intuitive, but think of it this way: this is a long-term thing. You need to be able to maintain your eating habits for life to keep it off, so just be patient. Don't rush it. Find something that makes you feel great and gets you closer to your goals. Patience is key.