First timer here!

Options
2»

Replies

• fergyscrib
    Options
    Hi everybody! I am also a first timer. My sister is the one that told me about this website and I am looking forward to learning so much, losing weight and getting fit. We are going to do this together! I am also hoping that my daughter will also join us...the more the merrier :) Have a wonderful day!:smile:
    Options
    introduced by a dear friend 1 week ago.Lost 2lbs. Need motivation to exercise . You can add me.
  • haribobabe
    Options
    Hello I've just joined today too would like to make friends so feel free add me :-)
  • jeleda913
    Options
    I'm a newbie too! :-) I've been using the app for about 2 weeks and LOVE it! I have a long ways to go, but am already having great success. The app makes me stop & think before I eat something - do I really want to "spend" my calories on this? I'm starting to think of it like money. :D I love that it also makes me more aware of what I'm taking into my body, and how it affects me. The fact that you can "earn" extra calories (for that little splurge) by exercising, gives me that little added incentive to do something I know I should anyway. All in all, I'm really impressed so far. I've used other food diaries before, but they weren't nearly as convenient as this one. It's also great that I can create recipes. Helps me do calorie & portion control, of course; but it's also great for certain combinations of food that I eat regularly (like yogurt w/ fruit & granola), so that I don't have to enter them individually everytime I eat them - SO convenient. It all means I'm much more likely to use it daily.

Oh! And for anyone reading - I need support too! No one around me is trying to lose weight, so please feel free to add me! :-)
  • johnmcc215
    johnmcc215 Posts: 40 Member
    Options
    welcome, new guy here myself (all of 5 minutes lol)
  • emh6p
    Options
    I'm new, too. I've been at the mfp and fitbit thing for a week, and am loving it so far, but i haven't added any friends or joined any chats. Good luck on your journey!
  • pamperedpenguin
    pamperedpenguin Posts: 95 Member
    Options
    I'm new (for a 2nd go around!) I joined in April - lost 15 lbs. Had trouble over the summer but I'm back on the wagon!
    I'd love some support so friend me if you can.
    I'm pretty good about logging food, but some choices I make aren't the best, even if I stay within my cal range: an apple is still better then a pudding.
    Bigger hurdle: to be more positive! My own mental negatives are sabotaging me!
    Good luck to everyone here!
  • acrynne
    acrynne Posts: 74 Member
    Options
    I'm new too... been on MFP for a little over a week and already down 5 lbs. (I'm guessing it's mostly water weight, but I am counting it!) This is the first time I am posting in the forums... so feel free to add me as a friend!