poor sleeping

Options
2»

Replies

• TheVimFuego
    TheVimFuego Posts: 2,412 Member
    Options
    I supplement with Magnesium 1 hour before bed, it's cheap and seems to help me relax. It's a natural muscle relaxant and does not have any 'morning after' effects.

Carbohydrate consumption will also promote sleep so if it works for your macros then make the last meal a carb-heavy one.
  • pushing50
    pushing50 Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    I have heard of Magnesium for sleep. Minerals before bedtime. Vitamins when you wake up. Many vitamins have alerting effects whereas minerals assist sleep.
  • pipidean
    Options
    Try drinking a glass of cherry juice :) theres a product called Chillax - which tends to help me out and it's natural.
  • TheVimFuego
    TheVimFuego Posts: 2,412 Member
    Options
    I have heard of Magnesium for sleep. Minerals before bedtime. Vitamins when you wake up. Many vitamins have alerting effects whereas minerals assist sleep.

Cool tip, I tend to have some Vitamin C before bed, I might skip it and see if it has an effect.
  • EmGetsFit
    EmGetsFit Posts: 151 Member
    Options
    Thanks for the great tips, all!
  • cherbapp
    Options
    I had a lot of trouble staying asleep...falling asleep...ok sleeping in general. It was much worse before I began eating healthier...but the nights I sleep really well...like fall asleep within a half hour and stay asleep 7-8 hours....those nights follow a day with at least an hour workout....more like 70 minutes plus of a brisk walk or 12 mile bike ride.

Also since I have been trying to eat better, I have rebooted my sensitivity to caffiene. I used to drink a pot of coffee and 6 diet cokes and a coffee before bed didn't make any difference. Now a coffee or pop after dinner seriously affects my ability to fall asleep.

It might just be a matter of more exercise and carefully monitor caffiene...:)
  • mycrazy8splus1
    mycrazy8splus1 Posts: 1,558 Member
    Options
    thank you so much for all the responses. I'm not sleeping great but I am sleeping better. I still have some ideas listed here to try. thanks again everyone!