NO MORE EXCUSES...!

Options
Right this is it, no more faffing about... time to get this weight off, once and for all!

Hi all, I'm 46 and 14st 10lbs.. and need to get at least 2 stone off by Christmas.... I could write an essay about why I think I don't lose weight but won't bore everyone with my excuses!!

I love exercise, I attend 3 military fitness sessions a week and play netball once or twice a week, but the rest of my time is spent either at work, sat on my bottom, or at home, either cooking/cleaning or studying.

I love food equally, and have to cook for others in the house with varying dietary requirements. My low fat needs come the bottom of the list, as I don't want to have to cook three different meals. I wish I could just take a pill each day that would remove the need to eat... then my house wouldn't be full of food that I shouldn't be eating! I don't drink very much, a glass or two of wine a month.... if anyone would ilke to join me as a diet buddy and we can support each other, particularly anyone in the same kind of boat, let me know... I don't want to lose weight for vanity reasons, I just want to be able to run for more than a minute without feeling like I'm going to die! This will improve my netball performance and help me to burn more calories off at my fitness sessions.

It is 17 weeks until Christmas (groan), who's up for the challenge????

Replies

• Added you as a friend ;)
  • Vicstar1977
    Options
    Me too!
  • jlatulipe
    Options
    Today is the day!!! I did Insanity back in April and lost 20lbs and when I stopped doing it I was depressed and starting going back to my normal routine, so today I joined my fitnesspal and I will start Insanity again today! I want to keep this weight off I noticed when I had support from people at work and from family it was working and the minute they gave up I started to lose faith and I gave up soon after. I'm hoping to lose 53 lbs I know it doesn't come off overnight so I'm giving myself 6 months to do this and keep it off. So I'm posting this to be held accountable for my actions with food and with working out.....Hope this helps!
  • hitstuff
    hitstuff Posts: 40 Member
    Options
    Well to me it sounds like you are already part way there! Many people (my self included at one time) struggle with exercise part of the equation. Unfortunately, the theory is that food constitutes from 70 to as much 90 % of the battle towards the leaner bodies we are struggling for. ugggh....
    I too have a family to feed. Fortunately, I don't have to make several different things to please the masses. I do, however, routinely make a completely different meal for myself. (My kids don't care for sweet potatoes, lentils, eggplant, etc....imagine that!! lol) Nevertheless it's what I do, and have done for quite some time now. And despite the fact that it's rather inconvenient at times, at has got me to where I am now and ultimately, totally worth the inconvenience.
    Here's to your upcoming battle, Nej. And please, a moment of silence for those pounds I just know you are going to leave behind you...lol.
    Congratulations on your decision to fight the good fight. You'll be tearing up the netball court like never before in no time!! Cheers!