Month long plateau - really fed up!

Options
OK I may know one reason why. My kids have been off school so getting the exercise in has been difficult but I thought diet was the main thing and I have been under my calorie goals. I am 5 ft 3" age 44 female and my calories have been set to 1300. I eat some but not usually all of my exercise calories back. I have set my macro's to 40%carbs 30% protein, 30% fat. I am a good swimmer and can do a pretty good workout swimming. I have started c25k and am currently on week 3 although not done much of that recently. I walk a lot and do zumba. I cook from scratch most days but I am finding it difficult to give up sweet stuff.

I had a weekend break and put on 2lb which came off quickly but I'm back to the same weight as I've been for a month 177lb. Any advise welcome and no its not muscle and I haven't lost inches so don't even go there!

Replies

• sarahcuddle
    sarahcuddle Posts: 349 Member
    Options
    Please ?
  • sarahcuddle
    Options
    I am honest about my calories and I weigh everything but nothing seems to be working at the moment. i know I have to clean up my diet a bit, eat more protein, get more exercise Am I doing anything else wrong? Pretty desperate now. Going to see the GP to see if he can offer any advise too
  • Fred4point0
    Fred4point0 Posts: 160 Member
    Options
    Sarah it is time for a new program. A plateau is your body way of saying...you've done well but I'm use to that program now and will not change until you do. I would suggest getting some fitness dvd...Jillian Michaels, Kettleworks, Brazillian Butt lifts...any dvd that will challenge you to follow it for 25-30 minutes. The human body is super smart as makes many adjustments. It sounds like you have your eating somewhat under control. Shoot to burn at least 500+ calories per workout 5 to 6 days a week. That should get the scale to moving. Also change up your program every two or three months or you will run into the same problem all over again. I've lost 40 lbs since November and have maintained my goal weight since May by using at least 6 different fitness dvds. I hope this helps.
  • sarahcuddle
    Options
    Thanks Fred I think you may be right. Been thinking about getting the 30 day shred DVD
  • Fred4point0
    Options
    Get it! It works wonders. I will open my profile for a minute so you can see what it did for me. It's the one with the muscle pose. I've completed Men Health dvd, Jillain Michaels' 30 Day Shred, Jillian's Ripped in 30, Jillian's Shed & Shed, Jillian's 6 week 6 pack. I'm currently training to run a marathon at the end of the month...after that I going to do Kettleworx for two months until it is time for me to train for my next marathon. I like 30 Day Shred the best.
  • sandhillsmom
    sandhillsmom Posts: 319 Member
    Options
    I looked back through your food diary for a the last week. One thing I notice is that you are high on carbs and low on protein. You could try upping your protein and cutting back on grain based carbs. Sometimes just a little change like that can break a plateau.
  • sarahcuddle
    Options
    You look great! Congrats on your weight loss. Gillian Michaels here I come :)
  • Fred4point0
    Options
    That's the right attitude. Go and get em Sarah! :)
  • sarahcuddle
    Options
    Yes, come to the same conclusion myself about the protein I mean. Hence was just eating pork fillet! Feeling really hungry from a really carb filled day yesterday. We were out for the day and choices were limited but i could possibly have done better. Can't afford the steak and salad option at the Italian though LOL :)
  • You can try:
    - Calorie cycling
    - Carb cycling
    - Changing your exercise routine
    - Changing your exercise
    - Relax for a week or two - don't exercise
    - Increase your caloric intake by 100-300
    - Decrease your caloric intake by 100-200