Tequila Lime Honey Chicken and Shrimp Avocado Salad

AlannaPie
AlannaPie Posts: 349 Member
edited September 20 in Recipes
The name is too long lol

I'm making this for my boyfriend and my anniversary tomorrow night. Crossing my fingers that it will be good, but I'm pretty hopeful. You can cook it all up in the same pan. Ideally everything would be grilled, but I'm going to put it in a cast iron pan with some pam.

Serves 2

8 oz chicken
8 oz shrimp
2 Hass Avocados
2 shots of tequila
2 tablespoons of honey
Juice of 3 limes
Any salad veggies you want to mix in

Cut up your chicken into small pieces. Pop into a frying pan with some Pam until cooked. Cook shrimps whole in pan with Pam. Place proteins off to the side in a blow. In the same pan place your tequila, lime, and honey and heat on low until mixed together. Pour over your chicken and shrimp. Cut your avocados in half and removed pit. With a spoon make the holes/indents slightly larger and add the removed avocado to the chicken and shrimp. To the bowl add any other salad stuff you want - I'm going to put a little spring mix of lettuce and some red onion. Mix it all together. Take your avocados and slice the meat long ways (don't remove from the peal). Ideally you would grill this for some nice marks on it, but I think it's nice to warm and soften it a little face down in your same frying pan.

Each plate has two halves of an avocado. Spoon your chicken and shrimp salad in and over the avocados.

It's about 700 calories a serving, but I think they're pretty hearty. You could probably half the chicken and shrimp which would make it 550 cal each

Replies

This discussion has been closed.