What do you refuse to give up?

Options

Replies

• 197Kiki
    197Kiki Posts: 129
    Options
    I dont give up Cheese! I'm addicted to it but I just dont eat the fattening cheese.. Oh yeah and Alcohol which is usually just beer anyway
  • deadbeatsummer
    deadbeatsummer Posts: 537 Member
    Options
    alcohol! for me, I love going out and having a drink with my friends. at this age (22) my main goal is to look good in my going clothes.. so if i have to give up my social life for it it doesn't really seem worth it for me.

I drink probably every week, and have lost 2 stone so far so i'm not doing too badly...
  • sunshine2212677
    sunshine2212677 Posts: 88 Member
    Options
    i cant give up my glass of red with a nice dinner, and nor do i intend to, i just count the calories and make sure i work it off :0)
  • Heyyleigh
    Heyyleigh Posts: 268 Member
    Options
    Coffee mate, although I did switch to the powder.
  • PatByrne82
    PatByrne82 Posts: 72 Member
    Options
    if i've the calories i'll eat what i want
  • 012345emma
    012345emma Posts: 57 Member
    Options
    i dont give up anything i just add it into my daily calorie intake.
  • Songtothesiren
    Songtothesiren Posts: 388 Member
    Options
    I've totally changed my attitude to food and exercise. I give up nothing, but I manage my food intake and my exercise so that I'm not having to make compromises or go without.

Mavis
  • I haven't given up a single thing. :) Everything in moderation.

ETA: I take that back. I have stopped drinking soda since I started losing weight but that waisn't because I thought it would help aid my weight loss. I just decided that I was addicted to it and it was far too expensive for me to continue drinking Diet Coke in the amount I was drinking it. I switched to plain ol' water with the occasional carbonated water (because sometimes I just want that carbonation). My 17 yr. old daughter also gave up soda.
  • elyelyse
    elyelyse Posts: 1,454 Member
    Options
    I don't give things up, but I am willing to compromise on most things: low sodium, low fat, etc. versions of things.

HOWEVER, lowfat cheese? eew it's like wax. I will not give up creamy full fat cheese! I just won't eat it as often.
  • wingchunrick
    wingchunrick Posts: 267 Member
    Options
    Red wine and cheese. My weakness!
  • PaulBrierley
    PaulBrierley Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    As long as you accurately count calories there's no need to give up anything except how much of it you consume. I still eat pies, roasts, cream sauces, curries....just less of them.
  • bubmaster
    Options
    coffee and chocolate :smile:
  • LindseySprake
    LindseySprake Posts: 333 Member
    Options
    I don't give up anything that I enjoy eating.

THIS!!
    I don't think you need to give up anything, everything in moderation :-)
  • NeverGivesUp
    NeverGivesUp Posts: 960 Member
    Options
    I have given up my biggest weakness (bread and gluten). I am super stubborn that way!! I gave up meat when I was 10 years old. Only eat fish and eggs and tons of veggies. I can't eat a lot of dairy like ice cream or yoghurt because it makes me sick to my stomach and now I am only eating once a day. I am basically willing to give up whatever it takes to win this battle once and for all!!! I am sick sick sick of being fat.
  • BerryH
    BerryH Posts: 4,698 Member
    Options
    Only two things: food and drink.
  • jennaworksout
    jennaworksout Posts: 1,739 Member
    Options
    coffee, wine & pizza :)
  • dsco86
    Options
    I have a lot of trouble with sugar. I try to eat as much sources of natural sugar to fill my craving. If I absolutely need to have something sweet, I grab a Dove Almond Dark Chocolate Bar. I know it is full of sugar and fat, so I allow myself one per week on those really immensely crappy days. It is better than grabbing some Breaded Cheese sticks from the deli, which I have trouble giving up any cheese in general (I love pizza, so we make it ourselves instead of ordering it out or getting frozen pizza). Also, I have an issue giving up energy drinks. I've gotten myself to drink V8 Fusion + Energy, but every now and then I have to have a Sugar Free Red Bull. I know if I could get myself not to drink caffeine for a week, then I wouldn't need it at all. My excuse is, I have to work evenings, between the hours of 2pm to 10:30pm.
  • trunkfish
    trunkfish Posts: 81 Member
    Options
    trying...:happy:
  • frostymom3
    Options
    SODA! although i now drink diet soda i love the bubbles! and the caffeine. Coffee just don't cut it for me.
  • heatherlee33
    heatherlee33 Posts: 113 Member
    Options
    So at the risk of being repetitive.... Nothing. If I want it, I eat it, then bend the rest of my day around it. No big deal. There are things that aren't worth it to me though. But I didn't give them up, I just don't want it...like soda, crackers,. kid candy (star bursts and junk like that.) I work at a front desk and theres a giant dish of it right there, but I don't care, thats all crap...Now if it was chocolate we would have a problem!!!!