Anybody planning a pregnancy?

Options
Just wondering how this affects your motivation and your diet/fitness goals? My baby girl is 9 months old and I have lost all my baby weight but still have another 10lbs to go and lots of toning. But knowing I will hopefully be pregnant in 2-3 months makes it harder. I dont want to eat too low cal and screw up my hormones and have cut out most foods I won't feel comfortable eating while pregnant like protein powders or diet foods with artificial sweeteners or weird stuff. Right now I'm focusing on being proactive about some issues I had the first time around, like extreme fatigue, intense back pain and gestational diabetes. I know some things are just inevitable but going in as healthy as possible can't hurt right? Plus, this time I won't be able to snooze the days away, I'll have a soon to be toddler to care for! Would like a few friends who are trying to conceive and plan on continuing to log on mfp during pregnancy and after for weight loss support. Thanks!!

Replies

• bushidowoman
    bushidowoman Posts: 1,599 Member
    Options
    I am currently pregnant, and there are pregnancy groups on here. Feel free to add me as a friend. :smile:

As far as how pregnancy affects my motivation and fitness goals...
    I was pretty much maintaining and just trying to eat healthy whole foods before I got pregnant, and my goals were trying to reach 100 consecutive pushups (that's not going to happen while pregnant! :laugh: ) and working on my black belt test. I still continue with the same exercises I was doing before, (martial artsand weight lifting), but with a few modifications for comfort. With my diet, I'm trying to keep my sodium and sugar in check and keep my weight gain appropriate. Otherwise, my diet has not changed that much. Although it is harder for me to say no to treats from well-meaning friends and family. :blushing: