Avocados

I bought two avocados in order to transform them in a delicious guacamole for my birthday party, but I was short on time and they are still sitting in the fruit jar.

Any ideas to incorporate them in my diet this week ?

Replies

• katcunock
    katcunock Posts: 664 Member
    An avocado and chilli salad. Chuck in a variety of leaf, chunks of avocado, and a dressing made from lime juice and chilli
  • DaivaSimone
    DaivaSimone Posts: 657 Member
    Love that ! (Love chilis in every form !)
  • Libbyly
    Libbyly Posts: 175
    Why not make guacamole anyway? Just without the Olive oil - I don't think it's all that important.
  • lilkayaker
    lilkayaker Posts: 37 Member
    I like grilling them alongside chicken and pineapples for a fun flavor packed dinner!
  • molly_grue
    molly_grue Posts: 215 Member
    one quarter avocado frozen
    one half medium banana frozen
    1/4 almond milk (or your liquid of choice)
    blend together = delicious soft serve frozen yogurt
    I like to add pumpkin seeds to mine for some crunch :)
  • amy1612
    amy1612 Posts: 1,356 Member
    Olive oil in guac? What you talkin bout willis!

Make guac with avocado, garlic, chilli, lime juice and season it. Have with chicken salad. Its amazing.
  • DaivaSimone
    DaivaSimone Posts: 657 Member
    I just made a salad with a bunch of aragula, a diced avocado and a handful of cherry tomatoes (homegrown, so proud of them ! ;) ), and I mixed sambal oelek and lime juice for the dressing.

It was fabulous ! Thank you much for the suggestion. :)
  • lyttlewon
    lyttlewon Posts: 1,118 Member
    Olive oil in guac? What you talkin bout willis!

Make guac with avocado, garlic, chilli, lime juice and season it. Have with chicken salad. Its amazing.

Exactly this! I usually just make mine with salt, pepper and garlic.
  • ki4yxo
    ki4yxo Posts: 709 Member
    AvocadoEggSaladII.png
  • Spread it on a sandwich thin topped with turkey or tuna!
  • ki4yxo
    ki4yxo Posts: 709 Member
    You could also cut it in half, pop the seed out,
    then sprinkle a touch of salt, and some black
    pepper on it. Attack with a spoon.
  • birdieaz
    birdieaz Posts: 448 Member
    I use mushed avocado in my sandwiches in place of mayo.
  • CyeRyn
    CyeRyn Posts: 389 Member
    I used to add avocado to my cheese burgers (home made). Probably not a healthy choice but I suppose it could be turned healthy if you use non-beef patties and add in lettuce and tomatoes to it.
  • ang3h
    ang3h Posts: 185 Member
    Make a chocolate milkshake out of them. Trust me..

I usually put half an avocado, a cup of almond milk, a tablespoon or two of Stevia in the raw, a tablespoon of cocoa powder, a few drops of vanilla extract, and some ice in a blender.. you barely taste the avocado but have the thickest, creamiest chocolate shake imagineable for way less calories than a regular chocolate shake!
  • nrd2212
    nrd2212 Posts: 128
    Put 1/2 of an avocado in scrambled eggs with reduced fat cheese and about 1 tsp of salsa
  • sukaera
    sukaera Posts: 53 Member
    I love to mash a bit of avocado in my sandwiches! Turkey, spinach, avocado, pepper, mustard. So bomb!
  • LuxHappens
    LuxHappens Posts: 72 Member
    The other day I blended an avocado with some cilantro and spices, then used it as a mayo substitute in chicken salad.

AMAZING!
  • Use them in a sandwich with lettuce. Or I like them plain with just a little Kraft Caesar Italian Fat-Free dressing on them. I live in Hawaii so we have lots of avocados and I eat them several times a week.
  • fatty_to_fitty
    fatty_to_fitty Posts: 544 Member
    great ideas, I just bought 4 because I know they are good for you but not sure how I am going to get them in my diet!!

Can we have some breakfast ideas please! =)
  • LilacDreamer
    LilacDreamer Posts: 1,364 Member
    Why not make guacamole anyway? Just without the Olive oil - I don't think it's all that important.

who puts olive oil in guacamole?

All you need for guacamole is mashed avocado, onions, tomatoes, jalapeno/habanero/insert random chili type peppers here, and some lemon juice.