Stop snacking

2»

Replies

• Restybaby2012
    Restybaby2012 Posts: 568 Member
    pickles...........lotsa pickles...........all kinds-a-pickles.

Like someone else here said.......I make sure I always have allotted calories so I can snack on most anything I want any time of day. Sometimes it's all the keeps me from goin ape-*kitten* on something I shouldnt.
  • pickles...........lotsa pickles...........all kinds-a-pickles.

Like someone else here said.......I make sure I always have allotted calories so I can snack on most anything I want any time of day. Sometimes it's all the keeps me from goin ape-*kitten* on something I shouldnt.

How many calories are in pickles then?
  • infamousmk
    infamousmk Posts: 6,033 Member
    There is no such thing as a negative calorie food. Celery has five calories (approx) per stalk. That may not seem like a lot, but you should still log it, and not fool yourself in to thinking it somehow 'doesn't count.'
  • Iron_Feline
    Iron_Feline Posts: 10,750 Member
    So basically, I had another topic that was basically about this but it got deleted. I thought it had some really good tips on it though. So post your tips to stop snacking when you're full!

To get you started:

1. Eat 'negative calorie' foods as a snack, like celery

Sorry but negative calories don't exist. That's like saying, "I can breath in a vacuum chamber"

Apparently the amount you burn to eat celery & the amount celery gives you means you get like -2 calories. I don't know though, just going by what a large amount of other people are saying.

Sorry but no, basically a medium size piece of celery has only about 6 calories; and its thermic effect (energy to chew and digest it) is approximately half a calorie. In reality, negative calorie foods are nothing more than wishful thinking. No food burns more cals than it provides.

Snap :laugh:
  • skullshank
    skullshank Posts: 4,323 Member
    without snacks, i dont hit my cals...
    pass the kfc, dude!
  • Garthamatic
    Garthamatic Posts: 84 Member
    I snack almost entirely on carrots. They are filling, have good nutrition content, and *feel* like I'm actually eating something.

100 calorie "snack packs" are a joke for me, they just tease my appetite. :tongue:
  • So basically, I had another topic that was basically about this but it got deleted. I thought it had some really good tips on it though. So post your tips to stop snacking when you're full!

To get you started:

Sorry but negative calories don't exist. That's like saying, "I can breath in a vacuum chamber"

Apparently the amount you burn to eat celery & the amount celery gives you means you get like -2 calories. I don't know though, just going by what a large amount of other people are saying.

Sorry but no, basically a medium size piece of celery has only about 6 calories; and its thermic effect (energy to chew and digest it) is approximately half a calorie. In reality, negative calorie foods are nothing more than wishful thinking. No food burns more cals than it provides.

Snap :laugh:

Haha, I've never done that anyway, I don't like celery xD
  • I snack almost entirely on carrots. They are filling, have good nutrition content, and *feel* like I'm actually eating something.

100 calorie "snack packs" are a joke for me, they just tease my appetite. :tongue:

I know what you mean, I can't eat part of a packet of something either
  • without snacks, i dont hit my cals...
    pass the kfc, dude!

Haha, I wish that was the case for me :ohwell:
  • WendyTerry420
    WendyTerry420 Posts: 13,274 Member
    So basically, I had another topic that was basically about this but it got deleted. I thought it had some really good tips on it though. So post your tips to stop snacking when you're full!

To get you started:

That doesn't work for me because I can't eat celery unless it has peanut butter smeared on it! :laugh:
  • Bakkasan
    Bakkasan Posts: 1,027 Member

The problem with celery is the cream cheese needed to make it edible!!
  • witchy_wife
    witchy_wife Posts: 792 Member
    I have to snack, I just can't go that long without food lol. I recently posted asking what people had for snacks and got some great ideas. I generally snack on fruit / yoghurts / cereal bars so was asking for some ideas.
  • So basically, I had another topic that was basically about this but it got deleted. I thought it had some really good tips on it though. So post your tips to stop snacking when you're full!

To get you started:

That doesn't work for me because I can't eat celery unless it has peanut butter smeared on it! :laugh:

Haha xD
  • Gramps251
    Gramps251 Posts: 738 Member
    Always use a kitchen scale for portion control.
  • JacksMom12
    JacksMom12 Posts: 1,044 Member
    I always incorporate protein/fat in my snacks. I will never just have a carb on it's own. If I have fruit, I also have a string cheese, a few slices of deli turkey, or something like that with it. A serving of almonds and a babybel cheese is a great snack that keeps me satisfied in between meals. Perfect combination of healthy fats and protein.
  • JacksMom12
    JacksMom12 Posts: 1,044 Member
    and regardless if there is such a thing as "negative calories" I think we can all agree that none of us got fat by eating too many stalks of celery.
  • and regardless if there is such a thing as "negative calories" I think we can all agree that none of us got fat by eating too many stalks of celery.

Amen
  • McLifterPants
    McLifterPants Posts: 457 Member
    I would never stop snacking!! Snacking throughout the day is what enables me to stay within my calories. Otherwise I get too hungry between meals and end up eating way too much at a meal. Instead I keep my meals smaller and snack in between. Typical day:

450 cal breakfast
    250 cal snack
    300 cal lunch
    100 cal snack
    500 cal dinner

Grand total, 1600 calories. When I'm building muscle, I'll have 200 for my afternoon snack and an extra 100-200 as a snack after dinner as well!
  • Tonya0605
    Tonya0605 Posts: 111 Member
    I usually plan out and portion my meals and snacks the day before and log them ahead of time. I am then able to use my food diary as a guideline instead of logging as I go. That way, I don't run out of calories halfway through the day. My food/calories are rationed out to last me the whole day.

^^ This
  • Great idea! I need to pick up some celery.. I have a hard time snacking when my day is over before dinner and I'm from work.