Dilema with new job guys! - help needed

Options
2»

Replies

• petiteLady89
    petiteLady89 Posts: 198 Member
    Options
    Things like cottage cheese with fruit will be high in protein. Greek yogurt. Nuts. Peanut butter. Egg whites. Ezekiel bread. Lunch meat/chicken/tuna sandwiches with spinach/tomato. Some protein on a large salad.
  • abyt42
    abyt42 Posts: 1,358 Member
    Options
    Do you have access to a fridge at work? Or a microwave? Are there dietary limitations?

My schedule has some big gaps in it, as well (I get to work at 6:15, have lunch from 11:40-12:12, finish with students at 2:30, leave work around 6, get home at 7:15 for dinner), and I've a tendency toward hypoglycemia.

So, I tend to have steelcut oats cooked (in a crockpot) with almond or soy milk (to add protein) or yogurt with fruit in the morning, keep raw almonds and string cheese in the shared kitchen space to snack on, bring a lunch heavy with greens (and frittata, or curried potato, or pea-pasta salad: something that adds bulk and often protein), and I drink a bunch of water (92 oz or so) during the work day. I tend to also bring a piece of fruit to eat between when students leave and I leave.

Some past "fast eating" food include apples and pb2 or regular peanut butter, instant oatmeal packets, frozen meals, crackers...for days when I cannot get my act together to pack a real lunch.

I also keep some hard candy in my purse for when my blood sugar drop affects my coordination/concentration/ability to stand....I rarely have to eat it for those reasons!
  • emmalene1984
    emmalene1984 Posts: 137 Member
    Options
    take a packed lunch that you can eat on the go or as soon as you get in to your car/ find a bench to sit on before you get home if you are really hungry and can't wait until you get home, or ensure your lunch is ready for you when you get home so you don't have to wait to eat it whilst preparing it.