Running Dad, already lost and trying to finish strong

Options
Hi :)

I used to use Loseit, but my wife is over here so I finally made the switch. I've lost 190 lbs (175 from April 16, 2011 to March 5, 2012). I was 408 at my biggest and am 224 this morning. I had always tried losing weight the only way I knew how (via football) and would only lift weights. In early 2011 my church decided to do a 5k and I signed up for it and committed to it. I sucked up the training, but come that morning I gave it what I had and fell in love with running. Over the next year I ran in three more 5k's, ran my first half marathon (1:59) and my first marathon (4:28).

I lost my weight via excercise and eating all-natural whole foods (the best I can with three kids). My wife saw my change a month into my running and started with me, combined we have lose over 260 pounds.

So I'm trying to finish off those last few pounds, I hit 225 in March and then have been floating in low 230's until August when my wife and I reignited our efforts and I dropped about another 10 over the last month. I would really like to see 190 something. Not so much for vanity, but lighter is better in the running world! I also did my first triathlon in August and am picking out my first half ironman sometime next year.

So even though 175 came off fairly easy with healthy eating and excercise these last 25 are being extremely stubborn. I'm on here so that my wife, mother, and other family/friends can help me work hard towards my goal. I'd love any addition support and would be more than happy to encourage others on their journey! I've been BIG my entire life, if I can do it you can too! I love my new found life and consider April 16, 2011 my third birthday (my second being when I received Christ). Let's do this!

Replies

• chano123
    chano123 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    I love your story. PTL = Praise the Lord,
    I see christ is working his way. That is so awesome. Even after the docs say I am gonna die at 35 because of my obesity (morbid) I still do not change. I guess I am writing because even though my wife is a 100% supportive, my flesh is not. I would like to support you and it sounds like you are a natural leader and support provider. PTL new friend.