Which internet browser do you use?

BlueJean4114
BlueJean4114 Posts: 595 Member
I am using google chrome,
love the built-in spell-check,
and love the way it 'saves' posts, even if i accidentally close that tab, i can usually find it again,
by opening a new tab, and looking down where it says "recently visited"
and my half-written post is all still there when i open that link back up again:noway: -- awesome!!:love:

but,
my shockwave crashes alllllll the time on chrome:cry: ,
and i often have trouble getting videos to play smoothly:angry: on chrome............

ANY IDEAS ON A BETTER BROWSER TO TRY,
or any ideas on what could be wrong that i can't run videos smoothly on chrome?

btw, i am not real adept at computer stuff, so plain-speak is much appreciated from you brainiacs out there! :wink: THANK YOU!!!

Replies

• _the_feniks_
    _the_feniks_ Posts: 3,412 Member
    I'm using Google Chrome too. I have been noticing Shockwave crashing a lot recently too but not enough to make me look elsewhere. I love the Incognito window.
  • SurfinBird1981
    SurfinBird1981 Posts: 517 Member
    Safari when on iPad or iPhone and Ubuntu when on my laptop.
  • BlueJean4114
    I hear that Chrome HAS some form of shockwave already built in,
    and so there is a conflict of some type,
    between 'real' shockwave
    and chrome's shockwave..............i once read an article, on how to remove the shockwave feature out of chrome, then re-install 'real' shockwave,
    but,
    it seemed very complicated,
    and i decided to just try a different browser...........
  • randomtai
    randomtai Posts: 9,003 Member
    browser_users_full_size.png
  • BlueJean4114

thanks!!!!!:smile:
    does Ubunutu have spell check and saves your posts if you close the tab?
  • randomtai

Ummm... Ubuntu is an operating system.... not a browser...
  • BlueJean4114

Ummm... Ubuntu is an operating system.... not a browser...

lol, i am so dumb, that *might* be what i need,(?)
    a new operating system...? or do i need a new browser?

we can't really change the operating system on the computer we own, can we? only the browser, right?
    (ducks and waits for computer-smart ppl to pile on me with sarcastic remarks......)
  • BlueJean4114

GVsTI.gif
  • tryclyn
    tryclyn Posts: 2,414 Member
    Most of the time I use Firefox , but I also have Chrome and Lunascape 6 on my PC. On my mini I use Chromium.
  • BlueJean4114
    Most of the time I use Firefox , but I also have Chrome and Lunascape 6 on my PC. On my mini I use Chromium.

thanks, maybe i should give firefox a try.....
  • texasgal22
    texasgal22 Posts: 407 Member
    Lately I have been using Firefox primarily but there are times I will use Chrome or IE9. I'm a true end-user; if it works I use it.
  • BlueJean4114
    THANKS!

I just tried Opera, but, it keeps saying "this page need Adobe Flash, download it now?"
    so i click yes.

then, every time,
    it tells me (para) "You can not download Adobe Flash while Opera is open"....(?)

so when i close Opera, (which sure did seem faster, esp after i enable OperaTurbo)
    then,
    of course, there is no way to get Adobe .....duh.

all righty then, on to Firefox.............
  • Frozen300
    Frozen300 Posts: 223 Member

IE Experienced User all day everyday
  • tryclyn
    tryclyn Posts: 2,414 Member
    It might not let you "install" it while it is open, but it should download. Did you check your download folder?
  • Mr_Bad_Example
    Mr_Bad_Example Posts: 2,403 Member
    I use Firefox 99.9% of the time, mostly because it has add-ons that remove all advertisements from websites. I come on MFP, no ads. I go to Pandora to listen to my station - no ads. YouTube - no commercials. It's quite awesome.
  • oker673
    oker673 Posts: 139 Member
    Firefox
  • magj0y
    magj0y Posts: 1,911 Member
    I had firefox... then my husband put google chrome on it...I still use both.

not amused. but whatevs. He didn't mess with my Gimp or Fspot, or switch it to windows so I can't be that mad
  • randomtai
    I use Firefox 99.9% of the time, mostly because it has add-ons that remove all advertisements from websites. I come on MFP, no ads. I go to Pandora to listen to my station - no ads. YouTube - no commercials. It's quite awesome.

They also have this feature in Chrome... it's quite awesome.
  • BlueJean4114
    It might not let you "install" it while it is open, but it should download. Did you check your download folder?

no, i never ever could download Adobe in Opera, even after i closed Opera, Adobe would not install.............
    I never did look in downloads,
    cuz Adobe made me hit 'cancel' to even move off of that screen...............

now, i just installed and am currently on firefox,
    but having a heckuva time being able to read the words on the screen:sad: ...........i made font bigger, to 150% still can't see it..........ata 300% font size, words are now overlapping onto each other...............

hmmmmm..

I am used to chrome, and it had a lil deal, i could adjust the screen size on each tab if i needed to.:bigsmile: ...........i could EASILY increase the size of each tab, one tab at a time, if i wanted to,
    by increments.......150%...................200%..........etc etc.
    was really nice.........i can not find such a tool anywhere on Firefox screen............yet.

so i began messing around
    with screen resolution............at the recommended size of 1600 x 1200, i can not see a single thing on the screen..:glasses: ...(i'm kinda old and do not see well)
    so i made screen resolution to 1280 x 960, i could see words better,
    but some of the screen won't fit now.....................................

i have had this trouble before,
    but, now,
    i can't remember what i did to fix it so i can see the words............right now, to type this her reply,
    i am using the Magnifier, but, what a pain, lol.......

BUT YAY, my computer WILL play videos!! YAY!! I use [/b]Playlist[/b],:heart: to create my own song list,
    haven't looked at pandora in long time,
    will have to go check that out......THANKS..............

Ey, what is the app to download that no ads appear? will that app slow down my borwsing speed or anything like that?

had to turn off magnifier to be able to see the button to hit "post reply"
    i can't really see what i typed here, hope this is all spelled well enough you can read it, lol!!!!!!!!!!

signed,
    the half-blind, & not-good-at-computers person...haha!
  • BlueJean4114
    btw, THANKS TO ALL WHO HELPED ME, VERY VERY MUCH!!!:flowerforyou:

SO SO NICE TO HEAR MY MUSIC AGAIN, without all those hiccups i got listening to music in chrome...........i really really liked chrome, just could NOT get music or videos to play smoothly without hiccups,
    and
    shock-wave
    crashed
    about every few hours................