the difference with gluten sensitive / intolerance?

Options
2»

Replies

• spiregrain
    spiregrain Posts: 254 Member
    Options
    BTW there is a Celiac/GF group on MFP you can join!
  • lin7604
    lin7604 Posts: 3,019 Member
    Options
    thx and i did join that site. we are still waiting for his results from his biopsy. The thing is if i were to be diagnosed with it, it woudl be so simple as i will eat all kinda of foods and try new things, with a 5 year old it is super hard! he won't eat things like quinoa and such. To get him to even eat chicken with out it being breaded is like pulling teeth.. it will be a LONG process getting him out of it and we will have MANY tantrums and him goign to bed hungry b/.c he won't eat what we are making...
  • FlaxMilk
    FlaxMilk Posts: 3,452 Member
    Options
    Don't mistake the seriousness of contamination by the severity of his reactions. People who have more "mild" Celiac's are actually more likely to have long-term problems because they don't suffer the immediate consequences and thus cheat or are more casual about things like contamination.
  • momtokgo
    momtokgo Posts: 446 Member
    Options
    thx and i did join that site. we are still waiting for his results from his biopsy. The thing is if i were to be diagnosed with it, it woudl be so simple as i will eat all kinda of foods and try new things, with a 5 year old it is super hard! he won't eat things like quinoa and such. To get him to even eat chicken with out it being breaded is like pulling teeth.. it will be a LONG process getting him out of it and we will have MANY tantrums and him goign to bed hungry b/.c he won't eat what we are making...

And that is something you will just have to figure out. If he does have Celiacs you can't give in because he goes on a hunger strike, every "cheat" will cause more damage to his little body. And hes old enough at 5 to understand that gluten hurts his body, so explain it to him. You can still make him cookies and cakes, buy buns and bread (but they won't be the same) pancakes and waffles. You can also buy some rice bread and make breadcrumbs to coat his chicken if he wants it breaded.