Mom to Many Starting on My Healthy Living Journey

Options
Hi;
I am a 39 year old mom of seven and I am just starting on my healthy living journey again!
I gave birth in June of 2012.
After my 6th baby I lost 61lbs in 10 months and felt great!
It is time to do it again...I would love the support of other mom's on here especially some with large families or stay at home mom's.

Replies

• lilwhitedove11
    lilwhitedove11 Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    Hello,
    My name is Christine, I am new here, but I too have many children. I have 6 children of
    my own, and 2 adopted. But, they are all grown, with families of their own now. I am
    57 . I am also going to college for the first time. But, feeling a little overwhelmed
    at how thin and healthy all the students around me are. So, I am taking a class in
    wellness, and they require us all to log into myfitnesspal.com. Up til recently though,
    I have had little motivating me. I was so encouraged by your post, that I felt like
    writting to you. I gained some weight when I had my children, but then lost so much
    more weight when the pregnancy was over. Then, I got down to the business of
    supporting them all, since my husband died just after the last children we had adopted, that I forgot
    about me.. I got lost in the shuffle. one day I woke up, and looked at myself and
    thought " who is this?" I was obese.. Well, I still am. But, am taking one day at
    a time, to step out of the obese mirror and get Me back. I moved to marry a man
    a couple years ago, and it didn't work out. Leaving me far from family, and friends.
    It gave me the opportunity to start in college, and make new friends. I like it here,
    but hope to get my Associates degree this spring and then to move closer to my
    children.
    Christine ( lilwhitedove11):smile: