Will power

Options
My child needs a high calorie, high fat, high sodium diet. before she was born I never had junk food in my house. Now, it is here all the time! I try and add healthy fats to her diet, but with an almost four year old there is only so much you can do to add fat and calories healthfully in small portions, she needs 2,000 calories + a day. Her favorite snacks are mine, mostly cheesy chips, cheese and nuts.

Not really looking for advice, just venting :)

Replies

• dragonbug300
    dragonbug300 Posts: 760 Member
    Options
    Good luck to you! I know a lot of us have to put up with living in homes with family/roommates that eat high-sugar/processed/high-sodium foods. Building willpower is no small task. Especially when you're the one preparing the food for your daughter. You can get through it, though, an maybe some day you'll find a way to keep her healthy without the cheesy chips. ;)
  • MissAnjy
    MissAnjy Posts: 2,480 Member
    Options
    I obviously understand your predicament. Nice to know someone understands the situation, most don't.
    It takes a LOT of willpower not to eat the foods that I have to prepare for my children. I HAVE to have chocolate bars, chips, cookies, nuts, cheese etc....in my house, AT ALL TIMES. We have to use homogonized milk for the extra fat, and I won't drink enough milk on my own, so I wind up using the high fat milk, in all my cooking. It's definitely difficult. It can definitely be tempting. What has been getting me lately, is NUTELLA! They eat that every morning, and I drool as I prepare it ....lol

Oh, teenage years should be interesting lol

Hang in there girl. If you ever need to vent, Im here for you! Until then, keep that will power high! lol
  • Sarabeth1980
    Sarabeth1980 Posts: 62 Member
    Options
    I'm dreading sports and having to try and get 4000 cals + in her.
  • MissAnjy
    MissAnjy Posts: 2,480 Member
    Options
    I'm dreading sports and having to try and get 4000 cals + in her.

I hear that. My kids are EXTREMELY active! They eat like a normal child though. Not over and above. I honestly can't get them to eat anymore though. It's pretty tough. I mean, a 3 year old can only eat SO much, you know? & when they are PICKY EATERS, it's so much worse!!! ;/