Scale obsession

Options
I have had to fight myself not to weigh myself everyday (or multiple times a day) Does anyone else have a similar obsession? How do you fight the urges?

Replies

• ooCaitrice
    ooCaitrice Posts: 33 Member
    Options
    Hide the scale at a place where it is hard to get. That's what I did. I just to weigh myself 3 times a day. At least.
    Pounds don't matter, we need the inches. :wink:
  • leeanneowens
    leeanneowens Posts: 319 Member
    Options
    ME! My husband bought me a digital scale because I said I wanted one. Now I weigh 3 times a day. I know it's silly but I can't seem to help myself. Before we got the new scales I only weighed 3 times a week at the gym (I know , that's still too much). Weighing what I do, you'd think I'd want to stay off the scales. LOL.
  • dg09
    dg09 Posts: 754
    Options
    I enjoy weighing myself multiple times a day. Never really seen it as something negative.

But if it's something you don't want to do, I would say putting the scale up away some where until weigh-in day would be effective.
  • oker673
    oker673 Posts: 139 Member
    Options
    I weigh myself every morning. I feel like it keeps me on track. Many people say to not weigh everyday because it may make you feel discouraged if your weight stays the same or goes up. Do what makes you comfortable. The multiple times a day is a little excessive, as our weights can vary throughout the day. If you want to weigh yourself everyday, pick a time and stick to weighing only at that time.
  • RebmaGe1sha
    RebmaGe1sha Posts: 61 Member
    Options
    I honestly think it helps me keep track too. I like to see how different things (water, different meals) effect my weight. I read a lot about how we shouldn't weigh ourselves that much and I'm glad to see I'm not the only one who doesn't mind it.
  • ooCaitrice
    ooCaitrice Posts: 33 Member
    Options
    Hide the scale at a place where it is hard to get. That's what I did. I just to weigh myself ...

Ahem... Used to weigh