To those that joined in January 2012........

Options
2»

Replies

• niftyafterfifty
    niftyafterfifty Posts: 338 Member
    Options
    I started on 01/07/12 and have lost 28.4 pounds. I met my first goal and then reset it for an additional 10 pounds. I have about 7 1/2 pounds to go. I have really enjoyed the whole MFP experience.
  • _AllieCat_
    _AllieCat_ Posts: 515 Member
    Options
    I joined at the end of February but began my healthier lifestyle around the holidays. I've lost a total of 23 pounds and I am not stopping! I have a lot of work left to do but since I made a lifestyle change I've got this in the bag. :)
  • littlebuddy84
    littlebuddy84 Posts: 1,000 Member
    Options
    I joined the 11th of january. So far I have lost 43lbs.
  • emmaonamission
    Options
    I joined in Jan and have lost 23lbs, I should've lost way more but I've er...taken the scenic route! But I'm just happy that I'm still on MFP, and still interested in losing weight. Well done everyone on the losses :D
  • NomiS6
    NomiS6 Posts: 67 Member
    Options
    Doing very well, life changing over the last 8 months plus a complete new wardrobe from XXL to M
    Happy Days
  • sheri02r
    sheri02r Posts: 486 Member
    Options
    Great job guys! I joined late Dec 2011. It took me about 6 months to get to my goal weight ( I still think of myself as a work in progress though ;) ) It's nice to see those who made weight loss a new years' resolution still around! :)
  • ChristineDiet
    ChristineDiet Posts: 719 Member
    Options
    Well done ladies. I started 7th Jan - SW 219lbs I'm 5ft 8 - was a UK size 18/20. I had lost 24lbs but then went on 2 holidays, and celebrated me turning 40 a few times - hence I'm now at a 18lbs loss (UK size 14/16).

I just started Insanity last Monday (27th aug) and hoping that this will give me a kick start to getting into better shape with a better shaped body to match!

good luck everyone. x
  • tialynn1
    tialynn1 Posts: 886 Member
    Options
    I started my weight loss journey on January 2 and joined the website on January 4. My original goal was 50 pounds. As I got close to goal, I changed it to 60 pounds. I had dropped 40 pounds at the beginning of summer. I slacked off during the summer, because I work 2 jobs and am finishing up my college degree and had done some traveling. So, time was limited. I gained 4 pounds of it back over about 3 months. I am ok with that. I am starting to pick it back up again. I will kick into higher gear at the end of September when I am completely done with classes. I want to be down the total of 60 pounds by Christmas.
    I thought I would have been closer to my goal before summer hit. But, it is ok. I know I did what I could before summer.
  • Danilynn1975
    Danilynn1975 Posts: 294 Member
    Options
    Started in January, around my birthday.

Things got stressful with my family. everyone seemed to develop problems that only my immediate physical attention could change. From my mom who lived 3 hours away to my teenage daughter to my mother-in-law who also lived 3 hours away.

By March I had lost 19 pounds. Things seemed better with everyone's health. Then in April it snowballed badly. My husband and I had to leave our jobs with none lined up and move back closer to our moms. They need us and our kids, especially our teenager need the support network they could offer in terms of time, which as working parents we just don't have during work hours during the day.

We lived off the entirety of our savings for several months, which meant food sometimes was mac and cheese and grilled burgers. Not a whole lot of extra money to throw at my low cal veggie heavy diet. Gained back 14 from April until July.

We both got jobs, not as good $ wise as we were doing, but we bought a house that needs a lot of work. It could be worse, and things have smoothed out with my mom's health but not my m-i-l's health, if anything hers is deteriorating worse.

Good thing we moved home, because last week things with our teenage daughter went really bad again really quickly as they have been doing off and on her whole life. Our daughter is Borderline Personality Disorder, and things spin wildly out of control quick with or without medication and therapy. It is a wild stressful ride, full of emotions and guilt. Let me tell ya. She entered long term hospitalization last Monday.

As of today I have now lost 15 pounds, with 49 more to go.

I am committed to losing the weight and keeping it off. I truly don't have enough hours in the day to take care of all the people that depend on me and exercise. So diet alone is what I am stuck with. My day starts at 4 am to get up to go to work, be at work by 630 am, with an 1 hour 15 minute drive to get there, and the same in reverse to get home. Usually there is a stop by both parents' homes to check on them, mow grass, clean, ect. for them then home to do it again at our house, there is bamboo that took over the yard I have been clear cutting by hand, a yard to tame, a porch to replace, groceries to buy, clothes to wash, and our house to clean.

Now there is the 3 times weekly M-F alone that I have to be at the hospital for our daughter, and time on the weekends too, even though I work all but 4 days a month at my job. It is a never ending stressfest. but hey I am 15 pounds smaller.
  • tistal
    tistal Posts: 869 Member
    Options
    I joined Jan 16th. Down 51lbs. I started at 201.8. First goal was 160. Hit it and decided on 150. Hit 151 and now I have decided on 140. Im 5'9". I MAY shoot for 135 but I will have to see. I have a large frame so 135 may be a bit thin. But maybe not. Will have to see when i get there!
  • Lindaendall
    Lindaendall Posts: 177 Member
    Options
    Hi there, I joined in Jan 2012 with an initial target of 22 lbs. I achieved this and felt so good I thought I would try a bit longer and go for 30 lbs. I reached this target a month ago and although I am supposed to be maintaining I have lost another 3.8 lbs!! I am actually finding the balance a lot harder than losing!! I love MFP and I know I would not have found this journey so easy without the support of the friends I have made from all over world. Linda:drinker: