Ladies over 35 who have lost- did the chin area firm up?

Options
This is one of my biggest concerns as I lose weight. I'm losing weight off of my face (which is fabulous), but I'm worried that my jawline isn't going to firm up. For those of you lovely ladies my age (I'm 36) who have lost some weight- is your face/ jaw firming up, and going back where it's supposed to be? :)

Replies

• Momma2four
    Momma2four Posts: 1,534
    Options
    I am 39 and have a lot of weight to lose. My face is coming back. My double chin is leaving and I am starting to see a familiar face and jaw line. Hopefully it keeps going in a positive direction.:wink: My biggest concern has been, not wanting to look like I am melting naked.for my sake as well as my husbands :embarassed:
  • chrissyh
    chrissyh Posts: 8,235 Member
    Options
    MIne is fine--no saggy skin, 38YO
  • SherryBaby66
    Options
    301699.png
    Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Calorie Counter

Well heres the thing with me, Im 43...Ive lost 98 pounds since this pass Feb, and yes I have lost alot in my face, but i look under my chin is not as firm as I want it, my trainer gave me some cell-u-loss, he says it should help more..Ive been on it for 3 weeks, and its tighting alittle bit, and i also do chin excercises too lol
  • alligator1970
    Options
    You will likley think I am crazy but I saw on Oprah one time that to tighten the jaw line you simply excersise it by sticking out your tongue as far as you can and holding it a second or to and do many reps. If you try it you cna feel that muscle being worked...:laugh:
  • TuscanySun
    TuscanySun Posts: 3,608 Member
    Options
    You will likley think I am crazy but I saw on Oprah one time that to tighten the jaw line you simply excersise it by sticking out your tongue as far as you can and holding it a second or to and do many reps. If you try it you cna feel that muscle being worked...:laugh:

Thanks for posting that tip...I was going to ask. My dbl chin is down to a 1.25 chin, but the saggy baggy isnt going anywhere (at least to my eyes).
  • SherryBaby66
    Options
    You can feel the muscle!! LOL Thanks!
  • SherryBaby66
    Options

You can feel the muscle..Thanks!
  • ivykivy
    ivykivy Posts: 2,970 Member
    Options
    My jaw line is firming up nicely.

I will try the licking out your tongue trick. I might do it will driving. That should be fun :laugh:
  • weaklink109
    weaklink109 Posts: 2,831 Member
    Options
    I am glad someone posted this question, as I have been wondering the same thing. My double chin is just about gone, along with about 50 lbs. but there is some sagging. At 55 there is sagging lots of places, but this area is the most annoying because it can't be hidden or propped up with the right foundation garment!!:laugh:

This post reminded me I was going to do a little googling on the subject, and I did. There are a lot of creams and potions with questionable value. In fact, there was an add for some "system" that popped up next to this post as I was reading it!

The info below came http://www.natural-fatloss.com/double-chin-exercises.htm

"1. Place your palm on your forehead, with fingers spread out and up. Now press against your forehead. You will feel some tension from your neck muscles. Those muscles are the one you want to strain in order to work them out. This time, when you press, resist with a forward motion of your head. The muscles under your chin will strain. Hold that strain for about 10 seconds. Do the exact same palm pressing on the left and right sides of your head, and also against the back of your head. Make sure that your head resists against your palm, and that your head is upright, not bent. Do this double chin exercise three times a day.

2. Another double chin exercise is simply neck rotation. It is easy as well as effective exercise for double chin. With your head upright, tilt it back and do a windmill motion with your head from one side until the circle completes. Notice that the arc of the circle when your head is tilted backwards strains the neck muscles. Do that arc and that arc only, for 10 seconds. Do this three times everyday.

3. Open and close your mouth as wide as you can. Concentrate on stretching your bottom row of teeth out over the top row when you close your mouth. You should feel the neck and chin muscles stretch. Do this ten to twenty times. Gradually increase the number.

4. For performing another double chin exercise, simply stand and raise your head from your chest and tilt your head back as far as possible to get a good stretch in the neck. Do this ten to twenty times. Gradually increase the number.

Exercises for double chin should be done 3-5 days a week. You can do these exercises while watching your favorite TV show and only takes a few minutes each day.

Remember that double chin removal is not something that can be done in a crash course. You need to be patient and wait for the double chin exercises to work."

I also found something else of interest ... http://www.carefair.com/Skincare/Anti-Aging/Facial_Exercise_Another_Unconventional_Way_to_Fight_Those_Wrinkles_276.html

"Facial Exercise - Another Unconventional Way to Fight Those Wrinkles

Exercise firms the body. Why not the face? If you want to fight wrinkles, but don’t like the cost or risk involved with expensive cosmetic surgery, you may want to consider trying facial exercises. When done properly, facial exercises can reduce the appearance of fine lines and wrinkles. Just like leg lifts for legs, facial exercises firm and lift the skin on the face and work out the muscles beneath.

There are currently many different videos and books that can be found on the subject. You can search your local library, or find a resource online. In the meantime, you can firm those lips, get rid of that sagging jaw, or tighten those eyes with the facial exercises shown below.

Lip Firming Exercises
    The skin around the mouth is one of the first places affected by aging. Firm the area around your lips by performing the daily exercise shown below:

Take a deep breath and close your mouth to inflate the skin around your lips. Keeping the upper lip smooth and line free, hold the pose for 15 seconds. Repeat 8 to 10 times.

Jaw Firming Exercises
    The chin and jaw area tends to sag with age. To rejuvenate the skin, simply massage the jaw area to release tension and increase blood circulation. The following massage techniques and exercises can firm the skin in this area:

Using the three middle fingers of your right and left hands, press the skin under each side of the chin. Hold the pose for 8 to 10 seconds. Then, repeat the exercise on the outer parts of the jaw.
    Press your lips together and smile until you feel tension under your jaw. Hold the pose for 8 to 10 seconds before releasing. Repeat this exercise 6 to 7 times each day.

Eye Firming Exercises
    As we age, the skin underneath the eye sags, giving the appearance of under eye bags. Performing daily exercises can give the skin a lift. Here is an example of one such exercise:

· Placing your fingers underneath your eye, gently lift the skin under your lower lids. Do not scrunch your eyebrows. Using the muscles of your lower lids, lift the weight of your fingers. Hold for one second and release. Repeat this exercise 20 times twice per day."

Do your own search and you will likely find more info. I just posted these two because they don't involve buying anything and sound like they might be worth trying. All we have to lose is our flabby necks, right??