Protein powder mini confetti cupcakes!

Options
marie_2454
marie_2454 Posts: 881 Member
IMAG0377.jpg

I've been experimenting with different flavors of protein powders in hopes of finding more fun ways to use up some protein powder. (Shakes are getting a little old lol). Anyways, after a really bad first try, the second batch came out delightful!

Preheat oven to 300 degrees.

Dry ingredients: 1/2 scoop cake batter protein, 1/2 scoop vanilla protein (could easily just use 1 scoop vanilla), 2 T Bisquick mix, 1 T sprinkles, 1/4 t each: salt, baking powder, and baking soda, Splenda (or real sugar) to taste (doesn't take much because the protein powder is pretty sweet by itself)

Wet ingredients: 2 egg whites, 1 t olive oil, 1 T each: skim milk, plain Greek yogurt, applesauce, and 1-2 t vanilla extract.

Combine wet and dry ingredients. Fill mini muffin pan about 2/3rds the way full (I had 17 cupcakes). Bake 7-8 minutes, let cool and enjoy!

Total recipe:
315 calories, 6g fat, 30g carbs, 13g sugar, 3g fiber, 34g protein

Per cupcake:
18.5 calories, .35g fat, 1.75g carbs, .75g sugar, .18g fiber, 2g protein.

Ugh, sorry the pic is so dang big!

Replies

• nannabannana
    Options
    THANKS!

Will make for my great grandsons 1st birthday next week.
  • californiagirl1950
    Options
    Oh my gosh. Thank you for trying this and then posting it. They look so good. When you say cake batter protein, did you just mean cake batter? or is there a thing called cake batter protein? sorry to sound so dumb. lol
  • xXKatrinaXx
    Options
    MMMM looks so good!
  • xXKatrinaXx
    Options
    and yes where do you get your cake batter protein??
  • T34418l3angel
    T34418l3angel Posts: 474 Member
    Options
    Thank you for this!!! My birthday is on Friday and I didn't want to over do it and have been frantically searching for a low carb cupcake that the kids would enjoy too! Your a life saver!
  • kevinwk
    Options
    bump! defintely got to try these
  • Bunnie_Rex
    Bunnie_Rex Posts: 63 Member
    Options
    bump
  • T34418l3angel
    T34418l3angel Posts: 474 Member
    Options

http://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/B0033V6UZW
  • reegordon
    reegordon Posts: 97 Member
    Options
    Oh my gosh. Thank you for trying this and then posting it. They look so good. When you say cake batter protein, did you just mean cake batter? or is there a thing called cake batter protein? sorry to sound so dumb. lol

She's referring to cake batter flavored protein powder. You'd be surprised by some of the flavors they come out with for protein powders. I'm always trying new ones. My most recent are Muscle Milk's Raspberry Cheesecake and Peptide Lemon Cream Pie.
  • marie_2454
    marie_2454 Posts: 881 Member
    Options

Lol not dumb :D. It's a protein powder (Isofuel by Muscle and Strength) and the flavor is cake batter. Sounds great in theory, but reality falls a bit short. I'm trying to get rid of it without having to just drink regular shakes with it, so that's why I used half and half here.

http://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/B0033V6UZW

This isn't the brand that I have, but Optimum Nutrition is one of the more popular brands. I've tried it once or twice (it's been a while), but I switched to Dymatize because I can get it cheaper and it tastes just as good (IMO). I might have to try the ON cake batter flavor though :)