Wheat Germ

Options
I found a recipe that calls for toasted wheat germ. Do I need to use it or can I leave it out? If I should use it, where do I find it in the grocery store?

Thanks for any help.

Replies

• jessicajoy87
    Options
    I've seen wheat germ in the cereal isle by the oatmeal.
  • kimber607
    kimber607 Posts: 7,128 Member
    Options
    HI

I use wheat germ a lot....good for ya
    I sprinkle it in oatmeal, and add it to baked goods (it has a nutty flavor)
    I get mine in the baking isle

Kim
  • stormieweather
    stormieweather Posts: 2,550 Member
    Options
    It's yummy! A little crunchier than bread crumbs, but similar. I use it in place of bread crumbs. It doesn't get soggy so much.
  • allisontaylor
    Options
    Yes, it is on the isle with cereal/oatmeal/etc. I LOVE it added to smoothies - as someone else alreay said, it adds a nutty flavor. It's really good for you and yummy too!
  • squoozyq
    squoozyq Posts: 305
    Options
    Sadly, it tastes the bestest on ice cream!
  • jnikitow
    jnikitow Posts: 334
    Options
    Thanks for all the replies. I think I will try it. It is an Au Gratin Potoato recipe. If it comes out good, I will post it.

I am making a sampling of it probably tomorrow, and if it is good for a party on Saturday. I'll let you guys know how it is.
  • Corruption
    Options
    It's pretty tasty plus they got a honey nut version I think too depending on what you're using it for. I like putting regular wheat germ on vanilla ice cream with a bit of honey. Tasty. :happy:
  • jessicajoy87
    Options
    Yes, it is on the isle with cereal/oatmeal/etc. I LOVE it added to smoothies - as someone else alreay said, it adds a nutty flavor. It's really good for you and yummy too!

Thats exactly whay I bought it! Thanks!