Cheating?

Options
124»

Replies

• marijasmin
    marijasmin Posts: 160 Member
    Options
    Of course I cheat: it's like asking 'do you always tell the truth?' it isn't possible to be perfect all the time and I don't believe anyone who says they don't. The question is not do you or even should you but how much do you cheat.
    But log the cheat!
    Jas
  • mfpcopine
    mfpcopine Posts: 3,093 Member
    Options
    When I'm logging, I log everything. It defeats the purpose otherwise.
  • MyM0wM0w
    MyM0wM0w Posts: 2,008 Member
    Options
    Why would I cheat? The only person that would screw up is me?
  • MetamorphosisMe
    MetamorphosisMe Posts: 69 Member
    Options
    I log everything. The good, the bad and ugly. I would not be here if I were going to cheat. That would be pointless.
  • wendybrat75
    wendybrat75 Posts: 52 Member
    Options
    You're only cheating yourself. I'm not always proud of what goes in my mouth, but I log it anyways.
  • Restybaby2012
    Restybaby2012 Posts: 568 Member
    Options
    I guess I dont understand the cheat thing either UNLESS over-estimating portion sizes is cheating. Id rather over estimate I guess. My worst fault is at the end of the day forgetting to log that late night snack. being a diabetic on insulin I do have to have a later snack than most and 9 outta 10 times I forget it.

Somebody here mentioned pre-logging which I think I may take up so this doesnt keep happening. Thanks for that suggestion
  • jkcrawford
    jkcrawford Posts: 435 Member
    Options
    *I don't cheat. If *I wanted to cheat, *I would not be here.
    *I log everything to the best of my ability.
    *I did not gain this weight over night and *I won't lose it overnight.
    *I am here to hold myself accountable for what *I do.
    If *I have a bad day ...so be it...move on...at least *I know what *I did wrong.

So don't cheat yourself. As we are all on the same journey...to become aware of our bad habits and make a change.
    Become the best *you that *you can.

Have fun
  • michelle_w_04
    michelle_w_04 Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    Nope. My portions are what they are. The only person I'm hurting in the end is myself by doing that.
  • BrienJD
    BrienJD Posts: 541 Member
    Options
    It's tempting sometimes...more out of the embarrasment I'd feel if my friends saw, rather than trying to fool myself though....but no. I've been in the red 1500-2500 calories before. I log it. It isn't pretty and I know it, my friends know it, but at least I log it. You have to be honest with yourself. Shortchanging the calories is just going to make it harder for you to lose weight. It's a self created illusion that will sabotage you. Just log what you eat and move on. Everyone has days where they are going to overeat, whether accidentaly or by design.
  • smokinjackd
    Options
    I would just be cheating myself so what's the point? I use my diary to tell me why I am or am not losing. It's my little reality check, I can lie to myself that I am doing everything right, but reading back in my diary, it can be quite obvious where I can improve.
  • merzback
    merzback Posts: 453 Member
    Options
    Are there things you do to cheat? I log in every single thing I ate or drank but will tweak the serving sizes sometimes in order to keep under my calories. If I had 2 servings of pasta at dinner but it went over my cal, I will put in 1 1/2 servings or something. I know that's bad but hey, we're human, we're not perfect.

Why do use the word CHEAT? I know it's just semantics but if a thin person eats junk, it can be just as bad for them but no one says they are cheating.