Healthier_Me Posts: 5,600 Member
1 (15-ounce) can crushed pineapple, in natural juice
1/4 cup lemon juice
2 tablespoons light brown sugar
1/8 teaspoon ground cinnamon
3 ripe, firm bananas
6 scoops vanilla light ice cream or frozen yogurt, 1/4 cup each
6 fresh mint leaves, optional

Combine the pineapple with juice, lemon juice, sugar and cinnamon in a medium saucepan. Cook over a medium heat, uncovered, stirring occasionally until the sugar is dissolved and the juice is reduced somewhat, about 3 minutes. Set aside to cool slightly.
Cut the bananas in half crosswise. Cut each banana half lengthwise, being careful not to cut all the way through. Split the banana halves open and place each one on a small dessert plate. Top each banana with a scoop of ice cream then about 2 1/2 tablespoons of the warm pineapple mixture. Top each with a mint leaf, if using, and serve.

Per Serving:

Calories 165; Total Fat 2 g; (Sat Fat 1 g, Mono Fat 0.4 g, Poly Fat 0 g) ; Protein 2.5 g; Carb 38 g; Fiber 2 g; Cholesterol 9 mg; Sodium 26 mg
Excellent source of: Vitamin C, Manganese
Good source of: Vitamin B6, Potassium

Prep Time: 5 minutes
Cook Time: 5 minutes
Yield: 6 servings

http://www.foodnetwork.com/food/recipes/recipe/0,1977,FOOD_9936_130827,00.html

Replies

• Healthier_Me
    Healthier_Me Posts: 5,600 Member
    Options
    1 (15-ounce) can crushed pineapple, in natural juice
    1/4 cup lemon juice
    2 tablespoons light brown sugar
    1/8 teaspoon ground cinnamon
    3 ripe, firm bananas
    6 scoops vanilla light ice cream or frozen yogurt, 1/4 cup each
    6 fresh mint leaves, optional

Combine the pineapple with juice, lemon juice, sugar and cinnamon in a medium saucepan. Cook over a medium heat, uncovered, stirring occasionally until the sugar is dissolved and the juice is reduced somewhat, about 3 minutes. Set aside to cool slightly.
    Cut the bananas in half crosswise. Cut each banana half lengthwise, being careful not to cut all the way through. Split the banana halves open and place each one on a small dessert plate. Top each banana with a scoop of ice cream then about 2 1/2 tablespoons of the warm pineapple mixture. Top each with a mint leaf, if using, and serve.

Per Serving:

Calories 165; Total Fat 2 g; (Sat Fat 1 g, Mono Fat 0.4 g, Poly Fat 0 g) ; Protein 2.5 g; Carb 38 g; Fiber 2 g; Cholesterol 9 mg; Sodium 26 mg
    Excellent source of: Vitamin C, Manganese
    Good source of: Vitamin B6, Potassium

Prep Time: 5 minutes
    Cook Time: 5 minutes
    Yield: 6 servings

http://www.foodnetwork.com/food/recipes/recipe/0,1977,FOOD_9936_130827,00.html