CONSUMPTION

Options
QUESTION: Do you all consume ALL of the values represented by MFP for each category (calories, fat, carbs, etc.)? Or do you just not exceed?

I understand the importance of consuming all of the calories, so I guess I'm asking about the other categories. I have added all my food and exercise for the day and I'm left with 98 extra carbohydrates - is that good or bad?

Please advise.

Replies

• ivykivy
    ivykivy Posts: 2,970 Member
    Options
    If you are staying with the MFP default you probably will have a lot left if you do not eat an abundance of bread and pasta or starchy vegetables. If you feel fine in general and during your workout then it is fine to leave them. You can go in a change your percentages to reflect the amount of carbs you actually eat.
  • RedHotRunner
    RedHotRunner Posts: 850 Member
    Options
    IMO, it's OK to be under on cholesterol, sodium and carbs. I try to get the recommended amount for protien, calcium, iron and fiber.

I'm usually over on my protien, but don't think that's a problem.
  • mszSHOGAN
    mszSHOGAN Posts: 2,278 Member
    Options
    OK so it sounds like i'm alright! Thanks for the feedback.....I'd rather be safe than sorry (and in this case sorry would be not getting into a bathing suit again this summer)! :grumble: LOL