Hello all!! Need some help and motivation!

Erica6880
Erica6880 Posts: 5
edited September 20 in Introduce Yourself
HI everyone! My name is Erica and I am 6 months away from my 30th birthday. YAY.

I promised myself I would be in the best shape of my life and, well, I'm about 20 pounds away from that. And its only been in the last 6 months that I have gained this weight. I have been going to the gym for a year now (3-5x wk) and was taking cardio kickboxing classes but then all the sudden I started gaining weight. I figured it was muscle until I went to buy some new clothes and had to buy 2 sizes bigger than what I was before. I switched a medication and some eating habits and am now hopefully on the right track to losing this weight before June.

My boyfriend does alot of weight training and eats ALOT. I was constantly joining him in late night snacks and spending the weekends eating the days away. That has stopped, I'm back in the gym and HOPEFULLY will start seeing results because I am really getting frustrated!!

Also, this BMI thing says i'm overweight but i'm a size 9, is that thing always right?! THANKS TO ALL!!

Replies

• emilyfh
    emilyfh Posts: 291 Member
    Hi the BMI is designed for someone who wants to look like a toothpick :laugh: You should go by how you think you look, your doing this for you and how you feel when you put on clothes. My BMI is for 110 LB, to me thats nuts, I know I will look good at 130-135 LBs and thats what I aim for. yes, check with your doc about meds your taking, with some yes you do gain weight, but the meds are more important to your health.
  • I'm 5'3 and my doctor told me my healthy range is 130 and that's my goal... mfp told me the same thing if I remember right.
This discussion has been closed.