Fat,ugly and embarresing

Options
Im here to try and lose alot of weight (99lbs to be exact) ive always been a big girl and was bukllied and teased about this when at secondary school.I have no confidence or self esteem and feel like im a total embarresment to my husband and 2 kids.I have been married for 14 years now and i am driving my husband away with my insecurities.He says he loves me no matter what but i have it in my head that he's only with me either 1) something better comes along or 2) because of the kids.Im looking for a load of help and encouragement so if you can help me out please add me.xx

Replies

• 2hobbit1
    2hobbit1 Posts: 820 Member
    Options
    You can do this! You are worth it! We are here for you! :flowerforyou:

Good info on how to get started.

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/654536-in-place-of-a-road-map-2-0-revised-7-2-12
  • Leeannboswell
    Options
    Dear F, U and E (which you are not),

First, don't call yourself FAT and UGLY.
    OK, you have weight to lose. It's not the end of the world, and there are lots of people out there who are in good relationships, have great jobs, are educated, etc, and are on the heavy side.

Second, get on a program.
    MFP is a great start, and you need a good diet that appeals to you, and will work with your lifestyle and budget. Log EVERYTHING you eat or drink. Start now. It is completely enlightening.
    This will include some type of exercise. Again, do something physical that appeals to you, and you can do every day with minimum anguish and pain. It gets better, really! You get into it, and see the benefits almost immediately.

Third, get some support -
    your doctor, Weight Watchers, a health coach, friends, family, etc., a whole group of supportive, kind and encouraging people around you. There will be a few jerks, but that is their problem, and this does not have to derail you. Focus on the positive.

Fourth, and I mean this with love and kindness:
    stop feeling sorry for yourself and do what you need to do. Do it every day, do it for life, do it for love.

All the best, LeeAnn

47 years married, started MFP in March, 2012 with 138 lbs to lose. Doing great, my journey is a joy most days, and I am getting there, by following the advice above. I learned this stuff from my MFP peeps, and reading. There are tons of very inspiring informational books on this subject that have been very helpful to me.
  • rilosmomma2001
    Options
    I understand feeling insecure and unlovable. I am sorry you feel that way. I think it is wonderful that you are here and trying to make a change for your health and well being. I am new here and have a long, long way to go. I'd be happy to have you as a friend. We can encourage each other. :flowerforyou:
  • westdove
    Options
    This is a very emotional journey that starts from the inside out. You have to be strong and with thick skin and LOVE yourself, regardless of how you look, weight or feel. I hope you have done a lot of soul searching before starting this process...it can be done, but there will be times your inner cheerleader will have to take over and push you....do you have an inner cheerleader?
    Welcome to MFP!
  • stubbseyt
    stubbseyt Posts: 84 Member
    Options
    we all feel fat and ugly at times, but from now on you must think positive, no more looking into the abyss!! you have started the first step now to a new you, new because you will have a new outlook with all the experience and humillity of the old you!.. just dont beat yourself up.

When you have a lot of weight to lose it can be daunting and disheartening, dont think of it as a diet, because its going to be a new way of life, one that rewards you every step of the way.

There are lots of people here in the same boat and who can give you help and support!!! what diet are you following?
  • sharleengc
    sharleengc Posts: 792 Member
    Options
    You can add me if you want...I am on here ALL the time...lol probably too much! Same goes for anyone else
  • MFPBONNIE
    MFPBONNIE Posts: 94 Member
    Options
    YES! you are in the right place for friendship and support. Hop to it love, it can be done. And dont give up, ok? It takes time, but love yourself in the process.
  • gpstrucker
    gpstrucker Posts: 930 Member
    Options
    You know the greatest thing about being fat? You don't have to remain fat if you don't want to do so. Just make up your mind you want to do it, forget about all that other stuff, and get started.

Fill out your profile honestly and accurately, do your food diary every day and be HONEST in it. LOG EVERYTHING.

Follow the MFP numbers and do the above and you will be successful. Self-confidence will come along with that.

No excuses. Just do it.
  • lndillon1
    lndillon1 Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    I was overweight to the point that the doctor told me I would be in a wheelchair in less than 2 years and that immediate drastic measures were needed. I had gastric bypass surgery 2 years ago and lost 145 pounds. After I had the surgery, my job transferred me to NYC. In moving, I lost all my support team and the doctors and staff that I trusted. I moved 6 months after surgery. I've gained back about 25 pounds and I am now determined to lose those 25 pounds. I just transferred back to Atlanta and back home. All this to say, you can do this. Just set small goals and rejoice as you reach each one. When I was losing, I gave myself a reward every 25 pounds - a nonfood reward. Be good to yourself and take support from everyone who offers it. My life has improved so much it is unbelievable and yours will too. I would love to be your friend. I know you can do this.
  • AlexandraLynch
    Options
    Have you considered starting an activity that will make you more body-conscious? Yoga did that for me, and if my ankles weren't screwed up I'd take belly dancing. Both will tone you and build muscle (useful!) but both bring you into an appreciation of the strength and grace and power of your body.
  • foxythefox
    Options
    We are here for you, every step of the way!
  • korsicash
    korsicash Posts: 770 Member
    Options
    I am sure you are not all of those things. First of all start this journey for you. 14 years of marriage I am sure has seen some nitty gritties and he is still there. So ignore what you think he is thinking. Start this journey to love yourself again. Start this journey for a longer happier life with your family. Get some counseling and come to terms with the low self esteem.
    BTW all of this is very easy to type and harder to do. My marriage is much younger than yours and I feel the same way all the time. I have been able to loose 50 of the 80 I need to loose and am feeling good about me again.
    You can do this but it needs to be what you want for you. Good lick in your journey and we are all here to support you!
  • AmyFett
    AmyFett Posts: 1,607 Member
    Options
    I'm sorry you feel that way. I have always subconsciously pushed my husband away too, but never about my weight. He's a fat slob like me (lol) but his is his own doing by eating non-stop.

He gets frustrated with me for other reasons, mainly my anxiety. I hate going out and doing anything because I get attacks, he doesn't understand or even try to. It's mainly from another reason, from which I was diagnosed with PTSD, but it's also A LOT because of my weight.

He doesn't understand how it feels for me to be fat because he doesn't care about how he looks, he's okay with being obese and unhealthy. I wasn't fat before the last few years and it's mainly due to my thyroid. I packed on a lot of weight over the years I wasn't diagnosed with being hypo, but I was for almost 4 years.

Anyway, MFP is awesome and a lot of people are very helpful and supportive. You can do whatever you set your mind to =)
  • Mummyadams
    Mummyadams Posts: 1,125 Member
    Options
    Welcome - firstly stop with the negative self talk - OK you might be overweight but your here - doing something about it - good on you!
    Add me if you like, I am on all the time and log everything. It is working really well for me. I get my *kitten* up out of bed at 5.30 and head either to the gym or Crossfit - it sux but it works.
    Good luck and know you can do this, both for yourself and your family!
  • slkehl
    slkehl Posts: 3,801 Member
    Options
    Look around you. There are plenty of men with overweight wives who have great marriages! Don't make unfounded assumptions.
  • AnitraSoto
    AnitraSoto Posts: 725 Member
    Options
    Friend request sent...
  • MinMin97
    MinMin97 Posts: 2,676 Member
    Options
    Im here to try and lose alot of weight (99lbs to be exact) ive always been a big girl and was bukllied and teased about this when at secondary school.I have no confidence or self esteem and feel like im a total embarresment to my husband and 2 kids.I have been married for 14 years now and i am driving my husband away with my insecurities.He says he loves me no matter what but i have it in my head that he's only with me either 1) something better comes along or 2) because of the kids.Im looking for a load of help and encouragement so if you can help me out please add me.xx
    So many people here are losing weight and just HATE that excess fat.
    Myself included.
    But hating yourself is something to which you must say NO!!
    Nice husband, by the way.
    I won't blame my husband about not liking my excess fat, although he told me the same thing(that he loves me anyway).
    And I too want to look good for my children and husband.
    All this it NORMAL.
    But the self-hate is a NO!NO!:noway:
    It is NOT phoney to make positive statements about yourself--acquire the habit IMMEDIATELY. No excuses.
    Let your husband know that you will no longer be negative in this way, so he can keep you accountable.
    And please stop rejecting your husband and children because of your (temporary) imperfections!
    They love you, so stop being selfish. Love them back. No excuses:bigsmile:
  • yasminara
    yasminara Posts: 247 Member
    Options
    Be friends with me! I just want to say I love you-I know we don't know each other but I can tell you now that I understand how you feel! People can be jerks, especially about weight (like that's the worse thing about a person!). I want you to know that you clearly are a beautiful person because a man loved you and thought you were his soulmate. I will love to encourage you, because I could use the help too haha, and because healthy should be to make us feel better. I promise losing weight won't give you a strong self-esteem, but deciding that no matter what people say or do you are always beautiful and irreplaceable. (There's never another you on this planet!!!) xoxo, you new fit pal Yasmin <3
  • marrizia
    marrizia Posts: 88 Member
    Options
    You have come to a great place, and I would love to be one of your MFP friends!
    I have a long way to go, too, and can understand feeling down and insecure sometimes.
    But no more negative talk, ok? You are here and ready to change your life. That's exciting and is a great big first step!!!
    You CAN do it- let's do it together :) I'll send you a friend request
  • BeeRobin
    BeeRobin Posts: 160 Member
    Options
    Hello friend,

First and foremost--the only way to get over this is to STOP (right now) the negative talk. Negativity breeds negativity and will keep you stuck.

You are a loveable person--your husband and two kids prove that. Now, you need to learn to love yourself. YOU are worth it.

I know--all of us here know...it's not easy. We all can easily slip back into negative thoughts at a moments notice. But thinking positive thoughts can help you stay motivated.

Please tap into the support the posters above have offered. Loosing weight is an emotional journey and not for the faint of heart...we are all here for you.

HUGS!