Looking for MFP friends who train, and will give support

Been here before....Just quit working at it...No excuses, but I'm back.

I'm a formerly active man who decided (incrementally, over years, of course) to stop...doing...anything. I have 70-80 lbs to lose, and muscle tone to regain. I'd like to meet some supportive , active people who train physically and have lost (or are losing) lots of weight/fat.

I'm working hundreds of miles from home, working the Nightshift,...all things I've formerly used as excuses to sit around the hotel room and atrophy while I overate....and packed on the pounds, and the bodyfat.

NO MORE!

I just joined a gym that opens @ 430 AM., AND i'M GOING TO BE THERE...period.

I want to live again, before I'm so far gone it can't be reversed. Training is going to be critical

To make active friends and do this MFP thing with them will save my life, I'm confident...

Please be my MFP friend...Thank you!

Replies

• I just joined a gym today. Only have about 7 pounds to lose, but it was only 5 a week ago. I keep getting so close to that goal, then just letting it go. No more. It will be done!
  • I'm here for you. I've been fat my whole childhood and I'm becoming more and more built since I've turned 18. I've went from 165 to 144 in 3 months. You can do it. It's a long road ahead of you brother, but it's a road you'll enjoy looking back on once you get fit and healthy.
  • Welome back. Your story sounds similar to mine.

Good luck meeting your goals. :)
  • you can friend me if you want...I'm hitting the cardio hard this month, but will be doing more strength training next month. My normal is 50% cardio and 50% strenth/core training. I've lost 42 lbs and need to lose another 20-25. My friends are pledging this month to burn a particular number of calories. I pledged to burn 20,000 calories tracked by hrm. You can join us if you want. All you have to do is tell me how many calories you pledge to burn this month and record to me weekly how many calories you burned and I'll post everyone's results weekly. Thus far, I have over half a million calories pledged by 35 participants or so. sounds like fun, huh? want to join?
  • waskier
    waskier Posts: 254 Member
    Friend request sent.
  • ohh one more thing...lol...my usual workout time is 5am. i love morning workouts! once you get used to it, you'll never turn back. started in November and never looked back. burn baby burn...burn them calories!
  • sharleengc
    sharleengc Posts: 792 Member
    Hi! You can add me if you want! (same for anyone). I've lost 57 using mfp and have about 30 more to go. I do not live close to a gym but I do some type of exercise pretty much every day...Usually running or a workout DVD. I am on here all the time and try to be supportive to everyone! While I go through phases with how much I comment/respond, I do log in every day, several times!
  • daryllynn515
    daryllynn515 Posts: 17 Member
    I'm right there with you! I myself have been up and down with my weight! I'm tired of it. The hardest part of the whole journey is making the decision and taking the first step to do something about it. Good for you!!
    You are welcome to add me as a supportive friend if you'd like. I find that is one of the biggest things I need. Without the support of friends and these blogs, I don't know where I'd be. Remember...1 day at a time. The journey maybe long, but the rewards are life changing!! Best of luck!!
    22795876.png
    Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter
  • Positive_Thinker
    Positive_Thinker Posts: 23 Member
    Yes:smile:
  • rahulkhosla
    rahulkhosla Posts: 17 Member
    good handle man - sounds like you are not going to give up! thats what i need in my friends here..FR sent