Cosmetic Surgery

Options
Effpcos
Effpcos Posts: 350 Member
So, this may be a controversial topic, but who has or know someone who has had cosmetic surgery after weight loss? eg. abdominoplasty, lipo, brachyplasty etc?
A friend and I were discussing it yesterday, as we've both had children via c-section (her two, me five) and no amount of exercise is going to get rid of all that loose skin. The more weight I lose the lower my belly sags (I've lost just over 10kg so far, I don't know how to make my ticker show my original start weight rather than just what is was when I started using MFP two weeks ago). For the same reason I'd consider a breast lift/reduction (breast-feeding five babies has not been kind!).
Obviously I'd be waiting til I got to and maintained my goal weight first.
Also, wondering if you've heard of anyone going overseas to have it done? eg Thailand, Malaysia, etc. Our country is very small (New Zealand) and so the surgeons are few and far between and very VERY expensive, there is also no way to review their work here as far as I can see.
Thanks!

Replies

• waronmyfat
    waronmyfat Posts: 322 Member
    Options
    i'm going to have it done once ive lost all my weight.. i want my boobs fixed and put back where they should be lol no granny titties for me hunny... hahaha and if i have any excess baggy skin i'll have that removed, im not against bettering yourself just make sure you do your research so you know whom your getting and dont do thailand or maylasia !! usa or someone local
  • 126siany
    126siany Posts: 1,386 Member
    Options
    There's a great blog by a woman who had gastric bypass several years ago and then had plastic surgery later to remove loose skin. She had both surgeries in Mexico if I recall correctly.

Here's a link to her blog: http://theworldaccordingtoeggface.blogspot.com/

And if you want to change your starting weight so that your ticker is reflecting your entire weight loss:

-Go to My Home
    -Click "Check In"
    -Click "Edit Previous Entries"
    And change your start weight!
  • Effpcos
    Options
    There's a great blog by a woman who had gastric bypass several years ago and then had plastic surgery later to remove loose skin. She had both surgeries in Mexico if I recall correctly.

And if you want to change your starting weight so that your ticker is reflecting your entire weight loss:

-Go to My Home
    -Click "Check In"

Awesome, thank you, =).
    I'm on the other side of the world form the USA unfortunately, so that rules it out for surgery, it'd take me over two days to get there!
    I figure I have at LEAST a year or two to figure it all out!
  • Effpcos
    Options
    oh I like the look of my ticker now, =).
    I regret not weighing myself at my heaviest though, the 92kg (202.8 lbs) was when I finally weighed myself after starting to eat healthier for about a fortnight. Not a healthy weight for a 5ft nothing woman!
  • SoDamnHungry
    SoDamnHungry Posts: 6,998 Member
    Options

-Go to My Home
    -Click "Check In"

Thanks so much for that info! I couldn't figure out how to change my starting weight. =)
  • Effpcos
    Options
    Quick follow-up- I have abandoned any idea of going overseas for a tummy tuck as my insurance company has said they won't even cover just the travel bit if the purpose of the trip is to get medical work done (including dental).