I'm new and was wondering......

Options
I'm new to this and I'm wondering how often I should track my weight? I did Weight Watchers and they recommend once a week. Should I stick to that?

Replies

• lbpw
    lbpw Posts: 77
    Options
    i think once a week is good in the beginning because people seem to lose more initially and you can use that as a motivation. but after awhile i reccommend once a month. things tend to slow down a bit as you get to your goal and it can be discouraging, well it was for me at least. good luck! oh and you also may want to take measurments.
  • BamaRose0107
    Options
    I agree with the above poster. When I started losing I weighed once a week but then when I got down to around 190 I started losing alot slower and I would just get discouraged weighing each week so I swithched to once a month. Just remember to weigh around the same time each week.
  • mszSHOGAN
    mszSHOGAN Posts: 2,278 Member
    Options
    I weigh once a week, and up until recently was satisfied with it. I like the above poster am at about 190 and don't see much change every week. So along with stepping up my exercising I think I'm going to start weighing once every other week. Doing it at the same time of day for every weigh in will help with accuracy. If you do it in the morning, make sure you pee first! :happy:
  • angela1482
    angela1482 Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    Thank you so much! I will definitly go potty before :wink:
  • MercuryBlue
    MercuryBlue Posts: 886 Member
    Options
    I weigh myself once a week... because I always lose SOMETHING. Even if it's .2 pounds, it's something.... and it gives me energy for the next week! However, once I stop seeing a drop every week, I'll probably start doing it every two weeks, then every month.....
  • TByrd1325
    TByrd1325 Posts: 920 Member
    Options
    I would weigh once a week. It's so easy to get obsessed with it though. I would hide the scale after you weigh yourself. I eventually threw mine away because I started weighing myself twice a day. Very pointless, lol.