Overpronation

Options
2»

Replies

• monicalosesweight
    monicalosesweight Posts: 1,173 Member
    Options
    Overpronators have lazy feet from a lifetime of wearing shoes. Giving a lazy person a more comfortable chair isn't typically a good idea.

Actually, for me the soles were critical. I have flat fleet and my feet flex inward big time but don't flex outward. It's just the way I was built. Trust me - it's not always a lazy foot - it's the design of the foot.

If I do any jumping and running, my feet can send me crashing to the floor. The insoles make a big difference and help with the pronation. Mine are not cheap. In fact, ironically, the insoles I buy from The Walking Company are the same type you buy in professional running stores. I looked up the manufacturers and there are only a few really, really good ones. I spend between 60 to 100 dollars for a good pair depending on whether I find a really good sale. I would avoid the Scholls....I've gone through tons of them and they did absolutely nothing for me. Also, if it's a half sole, it floats around and moves inside your shoe. You want something designed to match your pressure points on how you stand and it should replace the sole inside your shoe. I would say you could go to a running store as they'd cover both the new insole and would fit you with the right shoes.