what should I do after a 2 week blow out??

Options
So there was Thanksgiving, a bad head cold, visitors from out of town, lot's of lunches, dinners and LOTS of drinking for about 2 weeks. Very little exercise and voila, now have extra pounds and a crabby disposition...

So should I go hard core for a few days and cut the calories really low and exercise like crazy? I've also thought of getting a detox kit to cleanse the body....

Replies

• rheign
    rheign Posts: 56
    Options
    Don't cut the calories below 1200. Your body will go into starvation mode and you will gain even more weight. I have a tendency to be an extremist and it can work to my benefit or my detriment. I'd say just get back at it at a steady pace. HTH.
  • kaylou
    kaylou Posts: 375 Member
    Options
    No....just drink lots and lots of water and exercise. You'll get back in the swing of it. And if you go to extreme you'll be more likely to have another "blow out" in another two weeks.
  • MercuryBlue
    MercuryBlue Posts: 886 Member
    Options
    Honestly, just start all over. Don't starve yourself to 'make up for it'. Don't do a cleanse, please. I can't tell you how many doctors have spoken out against this 'cleansing' trend to say that it's unnecessary. The body is a magnificent machine, and can cleanse itself just fine with some fiber and water.

Eat some bran cereal, drink lots of water... you'll be cleansed in no time!
  • emorym
    emorym Posts: 344
    Options
    I would just pick it back up from whatever point you were at when you stopped. If you haven't been exercising take it easy getting back into your routine. You don't want to hurt yourself and have to take more time off. Remember lifestyle change. You have a bad day you get back on track. we are in it for the long term, not a day or a week.
  • SHBoss1673
    SHBoss1673 Posts: 7,161 Member
    Options
    yep, everyone's right, the body doesn't work like that, you can't save up and do it all at once. If you have a letdown, you just need to pick up where you left off. On the up side, any new fat gained usually comes off very quickly as believe it or not because of the way fat is stored, it's burned LIFO (like my bank account, except that's Last In ALL Out, or LIAO.) LOL!
  • JustJessie
    JustJessie Posts: 162 Member
    Options
    I am in the same position right now! But I'm afraid to step on the scale at this point. I had been doing so well then the last two weeks hit hard. There was Thanksgiving, my grandma went in for surgery and had a stroke-so I've been making time to see her as much as possible meaning less workouts and more fast food, then there was the 10 yr anniversary dinner for my work, and then finally there was my B-Day which feel on a Saturday so my friends decided I had to celebrate all weekend (plenty of margaritas, food, and later sleeping it all off).

So yesterday I worked out, put a plan together of exercises(I'm a list maker), and did my grocery shopping so I could plan my meals for the next week plus got healthy snacks stored at home and work. I even separate certain foods I bought into those snack size ziplock bags in order to control portions.

I am just getting back on track, nothing to extreme I'll still eat all my calories.
  • Emilydmo
    Emilydmo Posts: 101
    Options
    I'm in the same boat as well, was doing pretty good and then 2 weeks of utter eating madness! I just started over again, but I decided to start Barry's 30 day Boot Camp just to give me some inspiration and some sort of goal to help me over this plateau. Today was my first day back in the gym in a while and it felt wonderful, like I'd never even left. Restocking my kitchen with yummy, healthy foods also helped :) Just know that you are not alone!