Halfway to overall goal - 60lbs down

Options
zewolf77
zewolf77 Posts: 173 Member
I've been heavy all of my life, save for a few spots where I was able to lose weight for a year or two. None of those ever lasted. I'm doing things differently this time. I've tried all of the fad diets, centers (Slim4Life, NutriSystem, etc), and even a few doctors diets.

I could always lose weight by following whatever 'system', but it always came back. Well.. this time, I've changed everything. I exercise regularly (5-6 days/wk). I've changed my overall diet and way of living, too. I suppose it's easier this time with my wife doing this along with me and supporting me in it. But really, the mentality is different too. I don't dread every meal and try to figure out a way to cheat the system to get something yummy. I actually look forward to trying new things and getting out of the 'American Diet Norm' or 'Standard American Diet' and exploring new foods and cooking styles. I'm under 30lbs away from my first goal (200), and halfway to my overall goal.

Here's some progress pics.
Last year (pics taken last fall):
LastYear-290.jpg

This year - I started my journey in January, found MFP in April:
Thisyear-230.jpg

I still have days where I fail. Most days, having a logical sheet of calories and intake in front of me is enough to keep me on track.

Feel free to add me if ya like.

Replies

• laurenellenmarie
    laurenellenmarie Posts: 331 Member
    Options
    Great job! You should be very proud!
  • zewolf77
    zewolf77 Posts: 173 Member
    Options
    Hmm.. trying to figure out what format to post the pics in.. anyone know if it prefers IMG, HTTP, or what kind of code? I followed the other post about how to post pics here.. so far, no dice.

Edit: Figured it out. Make sure to use the IMG links from photobucket, but make the IMG lowercase
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!