Finally Made It!

Options
Well - 9 months later and I've reached my goal. It's been an interesting journey. Friends calling me too skinny and telling me I look like a bobble head! Posted my milestone on my MFP and only 2 of my friends noticed and one I've known for 26 years :ohwell: WHATEVER! I've lost about 45 lbs since last October - 37 of those since joining MFP in November 2011. From a size 14 to a size 2 today! My goal was to be able to purchase my first 2 piece by the time I'm 50. I purchased it in August - 10 months ahead of schedule. Thanks to everyone who posted useful information to help me get here. Maintenance here I come!

Before/After pic - funny how I thought my arm would hide my tummy :laugh:

86afd433.jpg

Replies

• dakotababy
    dakotababy Posts: 2,406 Member
    Options
    Wow! I just looked through your pictures and you look wonderful! :D Any "friend" that says you are too skinny are insecure and jealous.

I am near 25% of my goal weight and I am already noticing that others do not like talking about weight loss...especially if I am successfully losing weight. It really is a shame, but a gift to have MFP to share and celebrate our success.

Great job - Keep it up :)
  • blg5
    blg5 Posts: 89 Member
    Options
    Wow huge difference. You look amazing. Thanks for sharing.
  • LifeIsNotADressRehearsal
    Options
    Wow! I just looked through your pictures and you look wonderful! :D Any "friend" that says you are too skinny are insecure and jealous.

I am near 25% of my goal weight and I am already noticing that others do not like talking about weight loss...especially if I am successfully losing weight. It really is a shame, but a gift to have MFP to share and celebrate our success.

Great job - Keep it up :)

Thanks dakotababy - I know people just don't know how to respond. That's OK - they'll get use to it and if they don't...oh well! All the best to you!
  • tommygirl2
    tommygirl2 Posts: 26 Member
    Options
    You look fabulous! And definitely not like a bobble head. Congrats!!!!
    :flowerforyou:
  • NCchar130
    NCchar130 Posts: 955 Member
    Options
    You look A-MAZ-ING, congratulations!!
  • Lee_louh
    Lee_louh Posts: 37 Member
    Options
    Wow! You look amazing! It looks like you've shaved off quite a few years along with those pounds. You look years younger and fabulous, congratulations!
  • sicchi
    sicchi Posts: 189 Member
    Options
    you look fantastic! I have always wanted the body you now have! Well done!
  • JustPeachy044
    JustPeachy044 Posts: 770 Member
    Options
    Wow. Love the pic of your back with the muscles. I am trying to get there, and your photo is inspiring. Love that wrap dress, by the way! Friends and family don't like change often, it will take them awhile to adjust. They are used to seeing much more of you than they do now, and yeah, some are probably just plain envious of your success.
  • nyjocool
    nyjocool Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    You look beautiful and younger! Congrats!! Fantastic job!
  • mandlteam
    Options
    Wow you look great, I thought you were in your 30's ;)
  • corinneselene
    corinneselene Posts: 306 Member
    Options
    You look incredibly beautiful!
  • soehlerking
    soehlerking Posts: 589 Member
    Options
    Great work! You look fantastic!!
    Options
    you look fantastic! I have always wanted the body you now have! Well done!

Sweetheart - you have no idea how strange it is for me to have someone say that! You are absolutely gorgeous! Do it now! My biggest regret is waiting until now :sad:
  • jkb1129
    jkb1129 Posts: 45 Member
    Options
    You look amazing and CONFIDENT! CONGRATS!! It's such a great feeling to achieve your health goals. :smile:

What did you do to lose all of the weight? I'm curious to hear!

Congratulations again! Don't let anyone put you down!
  • only1tcb
    Options
    Awesome. The hard part begins now (maintenance), but you can do it.
  • ktrn0312
    ktrn0312 Posts: 723 Member
    Options
    You look beautiful!
  • ladytinkerbell99
    ladytinkerbell99 Posts: 970 Member
    Options
    Congratulations! You look gorgeous! You have such a healthy glow about you! Thanks for the inspiration! :flowerforyou:
  • cowsstealmythong
    cowsstealmythong Posts: 173 Member
    Options
    You're gorgeous!!!!!!! Congrats on meeting your goal!

(I want that dress.)
  • Ms_Freda
    Ms_Freda Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    You look awesome!!! I am very happy for you!
    Options
    You're gorgeous!!!!!!! Congrats on meeting your goal!

(I want that dress.)

Funny - I didn't buy it - thought it was maybe too young for me....kicking myself!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!