Im Shreddin!!!!

Options
Just wanted to create a post....just bought the 30DS today, and am starting tonight. Going to Florida in May...and hoping to be 50 lbs lighter by then! Hopefully a fairly realistic goal? :)

I will keep y'all posted with my progress!!!!

Replies

• RollinwithRach
    RollinwithRach Posts: 35 Member
    Options
    Good for you! I just got it too! How are you entering it as exercise on MFP?

50lbs by May? I think it's possible! You can do it!
  • terri1020
    Options
    I LOVE the 30 day shred. Today was my first day at level 2. Don't get discouraged and keep at it; it DOES get easier. Also, be very careful not to ever put your knees directly over your feet (with the squat and press exercises); I wrecked my knee by doing so. The very best part is that you'll see results beginning the first week!

Sometimes I feel like Jillian Michaels is in my head. When I began and thought I couldn't finish, she would yell, "Don't you quit!".

Enjoy!
  • sabolfitwife
    sabolfitwife Posts: 424 Member
    Options
    Good for you! I just got it too! How are you entering it as exercise on MFP?

50lbs by May? I think it's possible! You can do it!

Most people log it as circuit training - general. The video is 28 min start to finish, but I only put it down for 20 minutes as the other 8 are a warm up/cool down and I personally don't feel it fair to count that.
  • reesh2652
    Options
    thanks for the encouragement/advice ladies! I agree with the last poster- I will probably be logging it in as circuit training. I have only done 2 days of level one....and was SERIOUSLY feeling it at work! LOL.

Do most of you do it in the morning or evening? I was thinking the morning would be best..to almost get it out of the way...but I was SOOO sore all day at work. lol. I suppose this is normal though...no pain, no gain! :)
  • sabolfitwife
    sabolfitwife Posts: 424 Member
    Options
    thanks for the encouragement/advice ladies! I agree with the last poster- I will probably be logging it in as circuit training. I have only done 2 days of level one....and was SERIOUSLY feeling it at work! LOL.

Do most of you do it in the morning or evening? I was thinking the morning would be best..to almost get it out of the way...but I was SOOO sore all day at work. lol. I suppose this is normal though...no pain, no gain! :)

By day 6 or 7 you'll start to go from in pain to just feeling it working everything... When you get to level 2... It's a whole new level of pain for the first few days ;-) I need to get my lazy butt back on track. I normally get up at 5 am to do the dvd and then a little something else if I have time. It definitely makes it easier getting it out of the way since I'm usually exhausted and cranky after work :-P
  • kimg68
    Options
    I did the 30DS a couple of years ago, and I was amazed at how quickly I saw results, and also amazed at how sore I was after just a 25 minute workout. I didn't finish the whole 30 days, I think I made it to 17 or 18, then started a new job, schedule changed and never got back to it. Right now I'm training for a half marathon, and a few days a week my training schedule requires Cross Training days. On Monday nights I work with my PT, but on the other days I think I'm going to try doing this to see how it goes. Good luck to everyone doing it, and yes, Jillian does get in your head, lol!
  • californiagirl2012
    californiagirl2012 Posts: 2,625 Member
    Options
    Have fun!
  • awillkies
    awillkies Posts: 53 Member
    Options
    GOOD LUCK! and you CAN DO IT!! i've been shredding with 6 week 6 pack, i'm modifiying it to 12 week 6 pack. i am on week #5 & already seeing awesome results!
  • SonoraflowerKim
    Options
    It's a good workout and you will see a difference!

I am on day 27 which is level 3, day 7. By far the level 3 is my favorite because it incorporates jump training.

This week I added weights to my daily workout; going to the gym 3xs a week to do weights! Should be fun :-)

Stay with it and just push through it when you feel tired.
  • nileighttig
    nileighttig Posts: 148 Member
    Options
    I'm planning on starting it tomorrow - i've got one month until Turkey so i NEED to get beach ready!
    Let me know how you get on with your first day :) It makes it seem a little less scary now i know someone else is giving it a go! Good luck
  • Wendysworld13
    Wendysworld13 Posts: 225 Member
    Options
    Congrats. LOVE THIS! In answer to your am or pm, do mornings - pm your adrenaline and endorphins that are created can deter sleep - also, continuing to move throughout the day assists in moving the lactic acid out of your muscles! This is part of what is causing your pain.

Good Luck to you - keep us informed of how you are doing on your goal!
  • MrsSnelly
    MrsSnelly Posts: 30 Member
    Options
    Me too!! Today is day 3 on level 1 for me; I'm a little sore, but not so much that I can't work out. I will tell you though, the push ups are what kill me! I hope to see results with it; I'm trying to be lots better about my eating too, so hopefully the combination will help. Good luck to all of us!
  • drift
    drift Posts: 143 Member
    Options
    Good luck, I lost loads of inches with it. Hard work but worth it.