50 pounds GONE in 36 weeks of MFP!!

Options
weaklink109
weaklink109 Posts: 2,831 Member
This is the first time I have posted on what I call the "Brag Thread." I was waiting 'til I had something to really brag about.

As of today, I have lost 50 lbs., :drinker: :drinker: thanks to the tools and people on MFP.:heart::heart: My eventual goal is to lose 50 more, and may ultimately another 20 after that. That ultimate weight would be from 35 years ago, and not sure if I will need to go that far. I hope to be down the 100 lbs. by my birthday in April, but realistically, it will probably more like July 4th before that happens.

I have battled up and down with my weight all my adult life, and I am living proof that moderation and eating what you want,--just less of it--really works, along with a consistent cardio program (for me it was walking). I will be starting strength training in the new year. It is almost 8 months since I started. I don't feel deprived. I only have one binge trigger food left, and it isn't something that I keep around, so that solves that problem.

This week, I fit into a pair of winter wool slacks that haven't fit me in about 20 years. I am on the borderline to being in a size 14 misses, having started at 24W. Yesterday my doctor reduced my blood pressure medication by 75%!! I hope to be off it completely in another 30 lbs.

I hope my experience will help someone who might be having a down day, or is just starting and feels like the mountain is too high to climb. Remember, if you try, you could succeed, and think of where you could be in 6 months to a year.:drinker: :drinker: . If you don't try, you will be in the same place you are now, or maybe worse, :brokenheart: :cry: depending upon any health issues that could pop up.

Good luck to all who are on this fitness quest with me.:flowerforyou:

Replies

• rharris2165
    Options
    Congratulations! What a great success---keep up the good work and I can't wait to woo hoo at your next 50 pounds. Robin Harris, Ft. Worth, TX
  • MercuryBlue
    MercuryBlue Posts: 886 Member
    Options
    Congratulations! What an incredible achievement! :)
  • kandyjo
    kandyjo Posts: 4,648 Member
    Options
    Wow!! Congratulations!!! Thank you so very much for posting!!! WE need to hear these stories!!!
    I am also eating pretty much the same thing, just less.... We never really ate UNHEALTHY, just too much :wink: I am cutting out things that I JUST DON"T NEED, like soda and sweets (although, I indulge every once in a while just to feel sane :wink: )
    Just wanted to congratulate you on your success so far... :drinker:
  • ali258
    ali258 Posts: 403
    Options
    That's fantastic! Congratulations!
  • singcoz528
    Options
    Wow! Congrats! Thats a BIG accomplishment! Keep it up!
  • inkprincess
    Options
    Congrats!!!
  • csingleton24
    csingleton24 Posts: 235 Member
    Options
    Congrats! That's so awesome and inspiring! Glad to see you are almost off the meds too. :happy:
  • iamladibeast
    iamladibeast Posts: 451 Member
    Options
    Thank you so much for your post...you give us all the inspiration to carry on. :drinker: Congratulations..:drinker: you are the bomb..
  • Learning2LuvLindsay
    Learning2LuvLindsay Posts: 1,142 Member
    Options
    Congrats!
  • Lisa0711
    Lisa0711 Posts: 1,405 Member
    Options
    Congratulations! That's a major accomplishment! Thanks for sharing.
  • BrenNew
    BrenNew Posts: 3,420 Member
    Options
    CONGRATULATIONS! :flowerforyou: You're doing an awesome job! :drinker: Keep up the great job you're doing, and before you know it, you WILL be at your goal! :smile:
  • Mande_G
    Mande_G Posts: 599 Member
    Options
    Wow -- awesome achievement! :smile:
  • LisaZaugg1976
    LisaZaugg1976 Posts: 1,144 Member
    Options
    congrats!!!
  • amelia_atlantic
    amelia_atlantic Posts: 926 Member
    Options
    That is GREAT!
    Thank you so much for sharing, you're an inspiration! :love:
  • huntee75
    Options
    congrats!!! i love reading all the success stories, it so MOTIVATES me. i know i'll reach my goal because of all of yalls success stories, i know my goal is reachable...thxs and congrats again:smile:
  • patrice27
    Options
    Congrats- 50 pounds is a huge loss!
  • weaklink109
    weaklink109 Posts: 2,831 Member
    Options
    Thank you, everyone. I appreciate all your positive comments.

I am "celebrating" tonight by having an extra large helping of my favorite veggies for dinner, along with a Mediterranean pasta main course.

Keep on keeping on, everybody!!
  • Tamishumate
    Tamishumate Posts: 1,171 Member
    Options
    that is wonderful! I like that you compare all your weight loss to the dogs, :bigsmile:
    Keep it up!!
  • tubbytabbytales
    Options
    FANTASTIC!!!!!!!!!! Keep it up!
  • BaisMom
    Options
    Congratulations on getting your body back! But, more importantly, YOUR HEALTH!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!