What is going on???

Im not losing weight like i have been.. i eat an alright diet. i don't eat junk food, barely anything processed.
im not the best with exercise but i do well over 15,000 steps a days, i walk for about 60 min on the treadmill each morning then i walk to the gym stay their for about 45mins-an hour then i walk back.. im always on my feet, if i watch tv or go on my laptop i kinda slow walk like a stroll in the park pace on the treadmill so im not just sitting down im always moving.. but im not losing weight, ive stayed the same for like 3 weeks..
Any advice?
Am i eating wrong?

='(

Replies

• azalais7
    azalais7 Posts: 187 Member
    You may well not be eating *enough*. One of the unfortunate things that happens if you go on a very low calorie diet is that your metabolism slows to compensate. That means that at a certain point you'll hit a plateau where your body has adjusted to functioning on very few calories.
  • Definitely try consuming more if you are that active! Also, maybe cutting back on some walking will help. I mean no pun, by any means when I say that. It is just that it is good to allow your body rest time so your muscles can heal. You may be retaining water, so resting a little more plus drinking a little more water should do the trick. Hope this helps! :)
  • checof
    checof Posts: 114
    Hello, fancy meeting you here. :P

When I look at your diary, I see two problems: you've only been logging for a few days in a row, and you don't eat back your exercise calories. At the end of the day, you've usually eaten about 1,400's. You're great about exercise and you burn about 500 cals per day. Because you're not increasing your intake in accordance to what you burn, you're increasing your calorie deficit. That means you're really only getting around 1000 cals per day, sometimes less. Which is not enough.

I think if you increase your intake or at least eat back most of your burned calories, you'll likely start losing weight again. Good luck. :smile:

By the way, it took me a while to figure this out myself, and I only just recently increased my own caloric intake to around 1600, and I'm thinking I may need to increase it more. I'm trying to eat back most of my exercise calories but I'm cautious until I know exactly how much I burned; my heart rate monitor will enable me to do that, and it's on its way. This stuff takes time, you'll get the hang of it. ^_^
  • From what I saw you are doing great. You have just lost your vision, this is a marathon not a sprint. Your body might be adjusting, try changing things up a bit, if you walk, try biking, if you eat fruit heavy, try going a bit greener. Check your stats on MFP, has something changed?
  • Thanks for the replys, just a bit nervous about eating a lot more then usual.. i've worked so hard to lose what i've lost just don't wanna be dissapointed.
  • checof
    checof Posts: 114
    just a bit nervous about eating a lot more then usual..

I know, I feel the same way. It sounds weird, this "eat more to weigh less" thing, but there's a reasoning behind it that makes perfect sense. Read some more, talk to more people. Consider trying it out for 2 weeks. If it doesn't work you can always just cut down again. *shrugs*