Back on after 7 months and gaining all that weight again :(

Options
I started at 51kg (I'm only tiny at 4"7") and worked hard till I was down to 45.5kg. I then stppped exercising and am back to 50kg :(

I used to go to the gym two hours a day and burn 500-700 a day (except weekends), I also ate only 1200 calories a day. I eventually burnt myself out after 3 months as my boyfriend warned I would.

I'm now back and hoping to lose weight again because I feel like crap! My goal weight is 42kg (I was so darn close before!) I'm not gyming anymore because it's so expensive (I'm currently a law student earning very little) but I do intend to run whenever I can (hopefully 3 times a week) and maybe do the 30 day shred too?

I just want some motivation please! Anyone been in my boat? How did you get back into it? I feel so fat and not confident at all!

Replies

• missmmaynes
    missmmaynes Posts: 79 Member
    Options
    This happened to my husband and I as well. We were here for about 6 months, lost a bunch of weight and got too busy, gained it all back plus some so we are back to do it all over again. This time it's going to be for good! Feel free to add me as a friend, we can work through this together!!!
  • NobodyInParticular
    Options
    If you're eating 1200 calories and burning 700 calories then that means your net is only 500 calories. That's too low. That's why you burnt out. You need your net to be, at minimum over a thousand calories. So the key this time is to eat a bit more so your body doesn't shut down again.
  • sonstegard
    Options
    You can get there again it won't be easy but you will
  • whatascene
    whatascene Posts: 119 Member
    Options
    I get ya! I was very active in High School and all of the sudden my junior year, I started gaining weight with the same lifestyle. I gave up and got to about 40 lbs heavier (18kg). I was later diagnosed with insulin resistance which comes with PCOS sometimes and was put on the right track with meds which knocked 10 lbs right off me and simultaneously put my insulin levels back on track. I high a stopping point and eventually got on this site.

Now, my point is, during the time period where I didn't know what was causing these weight issues, I got involved on EVERYTHING you can think of, I was even hospitalized from my body giving out on me during a soccer game- I was barely eating. The 1200 calories you were on was not healthy, you weren't being patient enough with your body. When you lose weight quickly on that low of a calorie level (that's right on the starvation line) it's super easy to put it back on the way you did. Slow down this time. Set your intake to 1 pound a week, and if you can throw in a walk or two so you can eat a little more this time. It's been slower for me than others but I've been able to almost eat what I want and I'm down 25 pounds. I'm not saying mine would be the best way either, I had a friend who is down 40 pounds now and she didn't eat out as much as me (I'm in college) she's in her bmi now! Just don't see this as a fast answer to your weight, see it as a permanent one that will take some time. I can tell you that after this site, the weight I've lost is being stubborn and staying off- my crash diets would put it back on very quickly.

P.S. I know you're a little shorter so I don't know what it tells you for calories, if it tell you 1200 or below, look at other websites or talk to a doctor. This site can mess up on calculations sometimes especially when you set it for like 2 pounds a week or big height differences.
  • mkcmurphy
    mkcmurphy Posts: 437 Member
    Options
    Last year lost 11, gained most back (I'm a compactly built person, so it meant a lot for me).

This year my motivation was: wanting to finally wear my wedding ring again (and not having to get it stretched); tired of pretending that my decline didn't matter or wasn't there; and really wanting satisfaction with how I felt and looked. It really came from what I wanted for myself.

That slide back has actually made me more determined this year to do it right; I don't sweat the set backs - just get back to the marathon and keep going. Physically feeling good, and watching the pounds slowly disappear and the inches go down has been awesome. It's amazing what consistantcy earns you! Now the motiviation is to keep it up and keep feeling great - both mentally and physically. Knowing the consequences of sliding has kept me focused so a bad week (or two) doesn't get me down. It just helps me remember that it's possible and gets me back on track!

Like ackNalej said, there's balance to be had, so watch what you do. You're already on your way - keep it up - you'll do great! Good luck!

You can do this!
  • baybeejulia
    baybeejulia Posts: 218 Member
    Options
    Thank you so much everyone!

You're all so right. It is a lifestyle change and I think I took on too much too quickly. I'm gonna keep at it and come back to these forums whenever I feel like giving up again. Just so annoyed that I already lose the 6.5 and now I have to do it all over again :(