Is this a Good thing? Being Hungry all the time.

Options
For the past few days I have been eating my meals like normal. Lunch is typicly 700-800 calories, and dinner is usually 500-600 calories. They are full filling meals with veggies and plenty of protien. However, the past few days 30 minutes after these bigger meals I'm hungry again. I eat, but it's getting to the point where I'm getting even over my excersise calories.

Is this a sign my matabolism is speeding up, and I should incrase the calories??

Replies

• wks7777
    wks7777 Posts: 230
    Options
    umm i dont know but are u just eating lunch and dinner? U should try and eat 5 to 6 small meals a day within 2.5-3 hrs of each other and dont skip a meal! It keeps ur metabolism going all day, if u miss a meal it slows down.
  • ivykivy
    ivykivy Posts: 2,970 Member
    Options
    If you were a woman I would say it is PMS :laugh:

Have you been eating the same thing for a while? Try switching up your vegetables. Instead of sweet potato have some acorn squash, instead of leafy greens try asparagus. If you switch things around and you're still hungry you may need to eat more.
  • courtney_love2001
    courtney_love2001 Posts: 1,468 Member
    Options
    Is it actual hunger, as in your stomach actually rumbles? I used to experience this thing I called "fake hunger" in which I would feel hungry, but my stomach wouldn't growl. I looked into it, and it's because of an insulin spike after a meal. If you can, just ignore it, but it it's real hunger, I say eat, and be sure you're drinking lots of water because dehydration can sometimes be mistaken for hunger.
  • carpediem13
    carpediem13 Posts: 41 Member
    Options
    You can and should eat more than your calories one day a week to confuse your metabolism. There's a new thing I've heard too which is to eat a high glycemic foods for 2 days and then for 3 days eat lower glycemic foods. This also confuses your metabolism. As well try other foods than your normal ones and maybe switch up your exercise: put a treadmill on incline, run faster for a few minutes, or try harder levels on an elliptical. I definitely agree with the other post to eat many small meals throughout the day it should keep you feeling more full and not make you so hungry when lunch or dinner comes around which may make you want to eat more. Good luck!
  • DrBorkBork
    DrBorkBork Posts: 4,099 Member
    Options
    How's your water intake? Water helps one fill full too. It's recommended that one drinks 3-4 quarts daily. That's about 90-120 oz.
  • lisawest
    lisawest Posts: 798 Member
    Options
    As iplayoutside's wife, I can assure you he eats a good breakfast (oatmeal, eggs, etc. depending on time) and that he eats snacks (usually fruit, or raw veggies). As far as drinking, he drinks 3+ pitchers of ice tea or water every day. He is NEVER out of arms reach of his drink.

This "hungry all the time" thing is recent. He is training for his first 5K this weekend and this started just in the last few days.

Really kinda ticks me off some days. Here I am, struggling to stay under my calories, and there he is complaining that he isn't hungry and still has 1000 calories! :sad:

Anyway, keep the suggestions coming!
  • iplayoutside19
    iplayoutside19 Posts: 2,304 Member
    Options
    Like my wife said. I eat a good breakfast, eat something every two hours or so, and drinking water and tea are hobby's of mine.
    I've been in this routine, that has been efective, for well over 8 weeks. I was never hungry up until the last few days. I switch up my work outs every 3-4 weeks, with the exception of running, but the severe cold outside keeps that interesting.

Even when I accidently eat more than I intended to, and have that "too full" feeling it only lasts a couple minutes. Now it's like there is no way to eat enough.

Anyway, I was set to a pound and a half a week, I switched back to a pound which gave me some extra calories. We'll see what happens.