New to the community!

Options
Hi everyone! My name is Wayne. I just finished a bulking phase in my workout routine and now I'm looking to shred down. Wanted to introduce myself so I could meet some people to help keep each other motivated and dedicated. I'm currently in the US Marine Corps and want to push it past the acceptable norm of PT standards. I'm 6'2" and 220lbs. My goal weight is 200lbs even. I'm eating 6 meals a day. 3 Whole food and 3 Protein Shakes. The 3 meals consist of egg whites in the morning with veggies thrown in. Peppers, onions, broccoli, mushrooms, etc. I have a shake 3 hours later. 3 hours after that I chow down on 6oz of extra lean turkey meat which I made into 2oz patties and 1 cup of raw broccoli with a little ranch dressing. Sometimes a side salad with some dried cranberries and walnuts with a home made vinaigrette dressing is thrown into that as well depending on when my workout will be. 3 hours later another shake. 3 hours after that I eat another 6oz of extra lean turkey meat for dinner with another cup of raw broccoli. No salad this time though unless its after my workout and I'm refueling the muscles. 3 hours later I pound a Casein instead of whey protein shake before bed since its a slow burning one to keep my muscles fueled for over night. I take a Multi-Vit and omega 3-6-9's. I'm going to invest in some Kre-alkalyn because I dont like the "puffy" look from creatine monohydrate. I'm also thinking about getting some ZMA's. I've read they naturally increase testosterone and add to a better sleep at night. Any tweaks, changes, or critiques from anyone out there that I should try as far as diet goes? My workout schedule is usually 6 days a week. I lift heavy and hit each muscle group twice a week. I used to do it once a week but I read that the body is fully recovered in 48 hours. I've noticed better results in strength and growth this way as well. I just finished my bulking phase so I haven't done any cardio other than a few circuit workouts here and there. I'm going to incorporate 40 minutes per day of cardio at 75% of my maximum heart rate. That's 150bpm at my age and weight. I don't want to do more than 40 minutes per day though as I'm afraid I'll lose more muscle mass than what's needed to shred down to what I want. I threw up a picture of before my bulking phase as my profile picture and will be uploading some pictures of what I'm currently at now after my bulking. Any tips or tweaks I should add too or remove from on my workout schedule? All information is greatly appreciated and this community seems like a very supportive and friendly one. I'm looking forward to talking more with anyone who is interested! Add me as a friend if anyone would like, the more support for everyone the better we do!

Replies

• marysue1965
    marysue1965 Posts: 63 Member
    Options
    Wow, you go, guy!! I'm impresssed, welcome.
  • Paw4awhile
    Options
    Welcome
  • MJMARIN81
    Options
    Your diet seems serious! Gotta have some discipline for that but sounds pretty good man.
  • Thanks for the warm welcome! It's a pretty strict diet but I figure if I had the discipline to get through boot camp then I can do this. A long healthy life is just one of the many other things in life there is to enjoy instead of food.
  • vacamama
    vacamama Posts: 228 Member
    Options
    You are seriously on the ball with your diet/exercise routine!! The only suggestion I would give is swapping out one turkey protein for a white fish protein once a day. This would give you the option of stopping your omega multi as fish is full of the good omega fatty acids.
    Keep up the amazing work though, you are inspiring!
  • I love white albacore tuna even though its technically not a white fish lol. If I used that instead of actual white fish would the mercury levels stack up after a while? Or is it pretty low in the albacore? If not I'm a big fan of Tilapia, Black Grouper, Snapper and Mahi.