How Do You Keep Reign Yourself in When You Have Slid?

Options
I was doing great for a couple of months and then found myself playing a little too loose with food. For the most part I am still eating quite healthy, but just a few treats here and there has made my weight stall for the past three weeks.

What do you do when you have found yourself straying a bit? How do you get yourself back on track?

I know what I need to do. I just have to buckle down and recommit.

Replies

• nxd10
    nxd10 Posts: 4,570 Member
    Options
    Start over again.

They just did a really big study of women who lost weight and kept it off. They were the ones who basically changed to healthy eating, but didn't restrict particular foods - they just ate a lot less of them.

There's nothing wrong with treats. You just have to build enough room for them in your diet.

So start new tomorrow. You're not far off. You can do it.
  • smurlene
    Options
    Thanks for the encouragement! You are right! It's not like I regained weight. I just slid off a bit.

I have reduced exercise a bit too now that I have gone back to work. I need to build more exercise in.
  • slkehl
    slkehl Posts: 3,801 Member
    Options
    I just keep logging. Even if I'm giving into temptation, I log it all.
  • Graelwyn75
    Graelwyn75 Posts: 4,404 Member
    Options
    By considering the nutrients my body needs most for health, exercising almost every day and allowing one treat item of no more than 260 calories per day out of a diet that is usually 1800-2000 +
  • smurlene
    Options
    I wonder sometimes about my caloric limit. I find that if I stay at 1500 calories a day, then I lose. If I go above that, then I don't lose. MFP recommends 1,620 for me. I lost 100 pounds before by eating 1,600-1,800 calories per day. Maybe I was more active then? My main source of exercise is walking with my toddler because I work full-time and have no sitter for evenings/working out. Maybe I need to add a workout video every evening?
  • restoreleanne
    restoreleanne Posts: 217 Member
    Options
    It gets better with time, like you I have been at this for a while. At the point I don't think of my self on a diet, 90% of day I can do it with out thinking. I have some day I eat a couple cookiesor a pudding cup. I have not had a hard time getting back on track the next day.
  • smurlene
    Options
    That's good to hear. I just keep reminding myself....I can't go back. I won't go back.