Just started 30DS yesterday, headache?

Options
So after my workout yesterday I had an intense headache, and then again tonight after doing it. I haven't gotten one throughout the rest of my diet, so I'm wondering if it's just because my body isn't used to such an intense half hour? I put a cold can of diet pepsi up against my forehead and that helped, if that info is worth anything.

Replies

• Fozzi43
    Fozzi43 Posts: 2,984 Member
    Options
    Are you drinking lots of water? Could be a sign you aren't drinking enough.
  • SAGR2
    SAGR2 Posts: 43 Member
    Options
    It just gave me knee ache not head ache - I would check the water as well, not sure what else it might be?
  • Jaegur
    Jaegur Posts: 80 Member
    Options
    Hmm... it's probably the water, hopefully anyway.
  • londonparisnz
    Options
    I started a crossfit bootcamp a couple of weeks ago and I had the similar thing happen. I think you need to make sure you are getting enough sleep and water, and not exercise without eating beforehand. My body is now a bit more used to the workouts and I haven't had a headache since the first week.
  • Jaegur
    Jaegur Posts: 80 Member
    Options
    I drank a lot more water today, but as I was stretching in the cool-down phase of 30DS I felt the headache coming, so I didn't get up to stretch out my thighs, and it's there a little, but not as much.

I'm in no way an expert on anything, but I THINK that part, or most of, my problem was that the last workout is a minute of intense crunches, followed by about 30 seconds of stretching, and then getting up immediately. Could it be that laying down the blood is rushing to my head, since I'm a big guy, and then standing up causes it to rush back down and hurt? I seem to remember something like that being said somewhere, a long time ago.

Thoughts?
  • HeatherTransformed
    Options
    I did it for the first time yesterday and got through about 10 minutes and was wheezing. Leaned back on the couch to relax and started getting a headache, too. I drink tons of water, so it wasn't water. I think it was just the intensity on my fat *kitten*. Haha. Hopefully things will work out for us. :happy:
  • jo_dibs
    jo_dibs Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    I get chronic migraines, and sadly, intense exercise will often set them off just because it increases my heart rate so much. Be sure to drink water, and while you're doing the exercise make sure you are breathing. Afterwards, be sure you are hydrating with electrolytes. Forget Gatorade, that has waaaay too much sugar. I use a product called Nuun which you can get at most running stores. It's just a tablet you drop in your water and it doesn't have nasty sugar in it. Just the good stuff.

Good luck! Hope you get some good ideas.