Food management, how do you work?

Options
So today I was out the door before I could even think about breakfast or the bananas on my table or the yogurt in the fridge. Lunch passed by without me even noticing or realizing I should probably eat something, and by the time I got home I realized all I'd really "eaten" was a bottle of water someone offered me, and some really questionable coffee at work. I have days like this more often than I'd like, and honestly, I'm trying to figure out how to balance that with my "routine" days (where I basically eat the exact same type of thing.)

How do you deal with missing meals and getting in your daily calories without having to eat like five million things at dinner to meet it? Nutritional bars, shakes, nut butters? Just eat what you're hungry for and let it go? :S

(ETA: "eat", not "each")

Replies

• ktmmom189
    ktmmom189 Posts: 132 Member
    Options
    I make up all my food the night before and have it packed along with snacks. Many times i can't even get to the fridge at work. However I always have grapes fruit and my trusty water at my desk. Otherwise i'd be hitting vendo land, not a good thing.

If I missed then I try to go back to my original plan for the day if possible which is why I am pretty set in packing things the night before. Otherwise yes I will sit down and think about what I want to eat, add everything up and then decide. No rushing or just picking for me as that is how I got here:).
  • Ang_Quark
    Options
    Oh, boy. Well it would certainly save me a lot of grief. :) Thank you, I'll give the whole prep and chill a try.